Washington-Seattle
Options

Invite wording help....

I know that I have plenty of time but I have been thinking about our wedding invitations and need some help on wording.  Here is the situation: both my FI and I have been married before, we are paying for the wedding ourselves and I still have my ex-husband's last name.  I have seen where the bride and grooms first and middle names were used and this would be great but FI does not have a middle name.  Please Help!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invite wording help....

• Options
    keithnjuliekeithnjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Initially when we did our invites it was my first and middle and his first and last. BUT you might want your whole name listed so people know who the invite is from (your fi name should give it away obviously but??) Then I changed it to my first and middle and his first middle and last... no help I bet but just letting you know what I did...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have a friend who got married and just put her maiden name on the invite, even though she still had her ex husbands last name.  My guess is that everyone knows you by your exhusbands last name and it IS your name so its not really a big deal to put it on the invite. 
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just to add another option, it wouldn't really be too weird for you to do your first and middle and then just his first name if you used a format that would normally just be first and middle names. I guess I can see how it might bother you to have your ex's name on there, but would everyone know your maiden name? Not sure if that's much help, I hope you figure something out!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I learned yesterday about the Crane wedding invitation etiquette book online at http://www.crane.com/Etiquette.aspx?C=weddingetiquetteI'm sure they've got something in there that will help you.  I intend to rely on it heavily when doing mine.Carrie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say do what you feel most comfortable with...if you want to put just your first names even thats fine.  Or as pp said just use your madien name.  Good Luck!
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards