Getting in Shape
Options

ADVICE PLEASE

My wedding is October 10, 2009 and i currently weight alot more than what i want to or ever imagined that i would . when i got my dress it was a little small i could not get the back all the way up(which it laces up so i didnt want to take the time to do it either at the time) so it was suppose to be my inspiration to loose weight and i never kept up on myself. now i weigh more that i EVER thought i would in my life. and so unhappy when i see pictures of me. my (NEW) aunt just married my uncle in may she had the same colors i am her dress was similar to mine same colors and detail on it.  she had it altered, now i am unsure what to do. do i have the alterations lady see what she can do with mine or wear my aunts? i love hers but i would want it altered a little different but i would not want to offend her. i need help..i am trying to loose the weight but its so hard..and i am a procastinator so i dont know what to do..i keep thinking i can do this, and then the next minute i think im an idiot for thinking i can accomplish this in time. of course my fiance says he loves me no matter what and that he does not think i need to loose weight. please brides..help me?

Re: ADVICE PLEASE

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    How much smaller is the dress on you now? How much weight do you need to lose? Weight loss is hard, it isnt easy by any means to make the necessary changes so you will have to get over the procrastination thing or settle with the fact that your dress wont fit! its one or the other.
  • Options
    The best way to start is to keep nothing but healthy options in your house. Hungrygirl.com is a great site for recipes/advice and thedailyplate.com can help you keep track of what you're eating. Another great website for support is weightlosswars.com . I am not super competitve, but if you know other people that are interested in also losing weight, being in a competition can help! Best of luck!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Just take a small step - you have to start somewhere, right?  How much do you need to lose? Try doing something easy to start like the couch to 5K program...it eases you into exercising...you can't get in shape without working out!
  • Options
    First, please use sentences and capital letters.  The post is very hard to read.Second, you have over a year, so you can definitely do this!  I lost 75lbs in a year and a half and am now just maintaining.  Take a deep breath and start changing your lifestyle now.  Start tracking calories (thedailyplate.com is amazing) and exercising...start just walking every day.  Small changes can make a big difference.  If you make a commitment to a healthier life, you can do it...but don't just do it for the wedding, do it because you want to live better.
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
     i only have 3 months not a year! im getting married this year!
  • Options
    dvshawdvshaw member
    First Comment
    I agree Bender.. bahhhhh.
  • Options
    Sorry Sarah, I misread!  I was wondering why you had your dress ordered so early...I'm an idiot sometimes! Hmm...so I would say still start working on small changes.  Even in three months you can lose weight and feel better before the wedding.  But as for the dress, I would see what your seamstress can do for both dresses and decide which option 1-makes you feel happiest and 2-is most cost effective.
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sign up for a bootcamp - it'll whip you into shape.I find when I am working out really hard I am more inclined to eat better.Give yourself a deadline, the good news is you have a backup dress.  Depending on the amount of alterations you can see how you are doing at the end of the month and then decide.  What's most important is how you feel - and would you feel confident as you are now with all eyes on you?  That was all the motivation I needed. GL!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm a retired personal trainer and renewing our vows and getting married in our religion. We had a J of P 25 years ago. How much weight are you talking? You can lose 25 pounds between now and then. Would that do? Jo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards