South Carolina-Charleston
Options

OOH-flowers and design???

Hi -Has anyone used OOH! for flowers and design?Any other recommendations?We are trying to lock down vendors...1 by 1 :-)Just locked on photographer today. Has anyone used Stephen Blackmon...if not...i think his photos look great blackmonphoto@aim.com

Re: OOH-flowers and design???

• Options
    dvandyckdvandyck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Tiffany! We booked Stephen Blackmon ourselves. He was getting married at the Rice Mill when we went to look at the venue for our wedding. He gave rave reviews of the facility and I grabbed his card while he was setting up flowers for his reception that eve. We met with him a month later. He was so easy to talk with and his pricing was better than anyone in the area for what he offers. www.stephenblackmon.comWe have not decided flowers ourselves but, I got a wondeful recommendation for buying bulk flowers for Busy B's - Trisha gave us great info on in season flowers and pricing. I think we will be using them but still need to find someone to do bouquets. Let me know what you find!Happy planning :)
    Live the life you've dreamed... My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used OOH for flowers and rentals. I cannot say ENOUGH about them, they are amazing, creative, wonderful people. So responsive and easy to work with. I had no stress because of them. Lisa Thomas is the owner and who I worked with. You can see some of my reception and ceremony decor here: http://tinyurl.com/nm2lnv We were going for an Enchanted Southern Garden theme--organic and natural but chic--I think she nailed it. Some of the unique items we used from OOH: 1) Boxwood hedge bar 2) driftwood cake stand 3) wrought iron trees wrapped with real greens to resemble the beautiful SC oaks 4) lounge area 5) a painting that served as our "guestbook" (created by Michelle at OOH) I would recommend them to anyone any day any year--they are just outstanding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How was OOH's pricing relative to other vendors you looked at? If you don't mind sharing, what percentage of your budget went into the rentals/flowers from OOH? Thanks for the help/advice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually didn't look anywhere else so I didn't do a full comparison. We moved here in Feb and decided to get married (on June 20) in March so I didn't really shop around at all. I just called OOH, they told me to come right in and I loved them and told them my vision and that was that!! It was love at first sight--haha. I did however, used to be an event planner in South Florida, so I am familiar with the pricing for most items. I thought OOH's pricing was extremely fair and their price for chivari chairs ($8) was one of the best prices I have seen anywhere in the country. Yes, it's not going to be probably the cheapest place in town, but the quality, creativity and service is worth it, IMO. Decor and the extra, fun elements were very important to me so I will tell you that I was not afraid to spend in that area and added a lot of extra details. Our decor, rentals and flowers (all from OOH) ended up being approximately 1/3 of our budget. I am happy to answer any questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used them for the rehearsal dinner, but ended up not being able to use them for a wedding due to the fact that they misplaced our contract and went ahead and booked another wedding on our date.  That was a bit frustrating.  The rehearsal dinner decor was great, very creative.  I thought the flowers were overpriced.  HTH! My MIL dealt with them for the RD, and she had a much different experience than we did. She said they were great to work with, always returned her calls.  It wasn't the same dealing with them for the wedding. They wouldn't return our calls. When they finally sent us a contract, it was for someone elses wedding at our venue, they just changed the date (but left the other persons contact information and everything on the contract).  Eventhough we walked through the warehouse picking things out, none of that was on the proposal, and we had to go through it again. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using OOH. I would say overall they have been great to work with. There were a few times it took me a while to get in touch with her. But overall, she's been a pleasure. My wedding is this weekend so I'll be putting up a vendor review after the honeymoon!
  • Options
    smac73smac73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they did beautiful flowers and decor, a little unorganized with proposals, you may not get the person you discuss your flowers and decor with to actually do it themselves. make sure that you find out exactly who will be decorating and talk to them a couple of weeks before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards