Wedding Party

Groomsman Gifts

We have a recovering alcoholic in the wedding party.  I don't think it's a good idea of getting him the traditional flask or beer mug, but we want to keep the gifts the same.  They aren't business men and don't travel.  The only thing I saw was a personalized pocket knife.  Any other ideas? Thanks!

Re: Groomsman Gifts

• http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=61571772&forumid=37May I ask why you feel like you should get them all the same thing? I can definitely understand keeping them in the same basic price range (an iPod for one guy and a deck of playing cards for another would be crummy, lol), but maybe they'd appreciate personal gifts instead of carbon copies of what the other guys got.
  • ditto mbc.  Shop for your GM as if it were Christmas or a birthday.  Set a price range and then get something personal for each guy, and your problem is solved.FWIW:  do you know that all the guys want/need or would even use a personalized pocket knife?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • It's one thing to keep a budget in mind so that you spend a similar amount on each - but think of the GM's unique interests.  Gifts can but don't have to be the same.DH gave his GM engraved Buck knives.  They're something that they appreciate because that's the type that they are. 
  • I've never really thought about different gifts because everyone I know has given the same gifts.  For example, jewelry for the girls, flasks for the guys.  But we'll have to look into different gifts.  Thanks!
  • One thing is to follow a theme with the gifts. Example everyone in our WP got given tickets  They varied from red spox to opera to ravens to ballet ect but all were tickets worth approx the same amount  
  • Tickets are such a cute idea! I love it!  Thanks!!
  • I just ordered these...You could fill with snacks and soda vs alcoholic beverages.
  • How about the same gift but with different themes like these personalized signs? http://www.groomstand.com/personalized-signs They have everything from different sports themes to pub signs that have to do with alcohol as well as ones that don't (like the crab shack sign). That way you're getting everyone something similar and within the same price range, but can match each of their interests? I'm sure this same theory could apply to other items as well, but I haven't found anything so far in my online travels. Good luck and let us know what you end up choosing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards