African American Weddings

I found my dress - Running of the Brides

Hey girlsI found my dress.  Today I went to Running of the Brides at Filenes Basement.  I had a ball.My sister (whom I love dearly) went and got in line for me at 2am.  I joined her shortly after at 3:30.  Because of my last minute dicision to go to Filenes only one other bridesmaid was able to join me.  SHe came around 7:30am though.  So since my sister was in line by herself she made friends with the girls behind us.  Whom happen to also be black.  Also the bride was getting married at the same venue as me 6 days before me.  We were also looking for the same size dresses but two different styles.So we decided to join forces and work together.  We were pretty close to the front of the line so 8am the store opens and everyone starts running and grabbing dresses.  We all meet up with about 40 dresses total and just start trying them on.  We had two girls handling the dresses we wanted to trade.  each of us a a girl helping us in and out the dresses and then two girls going out to find more dresses.  Two and a half hours later I was down to two dresses that I loved.  I called my mother and she came to the store and made the decision for me.  I didnt take pictures but my sister did so hopefully they will come soon

Re: I found my dress - Running of the Brides

• edited December 2011
    sorry so long
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like a BLAST!  And good thing you were in and out of there before the rain started.  What kind of dress is it?
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats. I was going to go to the one in MD but just couldn't get motivated.
  • edited December 2011
    congrats. it sounds like so much fun!
  • edited December 2011
    sounds like y'all had a great time...can't wait to see the pics of your dress!...so was going to the ROTB event worth it in your opinion???
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you two had a lot of fun! Congrats! Cant wait to see a pic.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!
  • aquarius125aquarius125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Congratulations girl. I'm so happy for you. I think you know that's where I got mine :~) Except I went at 10am, and had found mine by noon lol. I can't wait to see pics.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys.  I will definately pleased with my decision.  I thought I had picked out my dress and was ready to order it.  I would of been dress twins with KJDiamonds but I held off from ordering for Running of the brides and found a dress I liked better for alot cheaper.  I loved the whole expierence.  The running was so much fun cause we were towards the front grabbing dresses and trading.  Loved it all.  I just wished the rest of my girls were there.  I know they really wanted to come.
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, congratulations. Sounds like you had tons of fun.Your wedding is a day before me so your checks are like reminders for me.Congrats on this great check.
  • blue19violetblue19violet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great!! Can't wait to see the pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  That sounded like so much fun.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! I found my dress at ROTB yesterday too! Its a Mon Cheri dress that I got for $250. I was afraid to do the "running" part at 8:00 am, but my mom, SIL, and good friend went at around 9:30 am and I was still able to try on at least 25 dresses. I had a hard time deciding between the one I got and another dress by Mori Lee (I almost bought both lol)...but I'm so happy with the dress I got!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards