Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Help! Problems w/ Bridal Shop (Chantilly Place) - Sort of long....

So I ordered a custom gown from Chantilly Place in Lowell. My family has purchased gowns from them before but I know AJ no longer owns it so maybe that is the problem...Anyway, I went in March and they had me try on the lining/slip. I told them I was losing weight so they told me not to come back until 2 months before the wedding and they would re-measure and then start building the dress. At that appt I talked about wanting to put in a hidden corset, etc and they assured me I could finalize it all at my next visit since nothing would be built before then.Soooo... last Saturday I go in (20 lbs lighter than last visit) and they already built the dress!!!! I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. They had to pin it in a bunch of places. I am now worried it won't look as good because of all the alterations and I am really mad that I no longer have the option to have a hidden corset, etc.Anyway, I was pretty taken off guard and the more I thought about it, the more upset I became. I called on Wednesday and spoke with the owner who apologized and said she would look into whether or not a hidden corset could be done and would call me back. She did not call me back and today when I called the owner again at first she didn't even seem to remember our conversation from 2 days ago!!!!! She then put me on hold to go "check with the seamstress" about it. I was on hold for 17 minutes!!!!!!!!! I finally hung and called back with no answer. I am so ANGRY I cannot even tell you! I am most angry that the owner of the store has provided such horrible customer service after they made a major mistake.I think I am just going to show up tomorrow and try to deal with this in person but I am concerned that it mgiht backfire on me. That they will be even more difficult to deal with if I make a stink (I have been VERY sweet about this so far).Any thoughts? Has anyone had a similar experience? How did you deal with it? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Re: Help! Problems w/ Bridal Shop (Chantilly Place) - Sort of long....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I can't believe that. I say go down there, and don't let up on them until they fix this. I can not even imagine dealing with that so close to your wedding day! I would definitely go down there, start out nice and see where you get. Like they say, you catch more flies with honey blah blah blah. However, I would not hesitate to bring up things like bad reviews online, maybe calling the BBB and see if that gets them to react. I think mistakes are one thing, but the terrible treatment you've received since then are unacceptable.
  • Options
    eachaceeachace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I went in today with FI and Mom and I think we actually made headway. The previous owner still designs dressed there and is sometimes on site on Saturdays. He was there and took care of everything. Thank God!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards