Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

best bra

I have gained weight recently and need bra recommendations from knotties who have alot going on up top...please help. TY

Re: best bra

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I usually get my everyday bras from Lane Bryant- Love their bras.  They support like there is no tomorrow.For the wedding, though, I will probably end up going to Bare Essentials in Wilmington, DE (located on 202).  I recently went there to find undergarments for a dress for a wedding I attended, and they were WONDERFUL.  I thought that they would be overpriced, but they were about the same as Victoria's Secret.  They knew what they were doing to a tee, they made me feel really comfortable, and I was extremely pleased with the selection they have- regular and plus sizes, including everyday wear, bridal wear, and honeymoon negligees.  If you can travel down to 202, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them- They were absolutely wonderful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MBR Lane Bryant has great bras. I am 36 DD so they have smaller band sizes as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LB bras are the only ones I will wear now. They have some very cute styles and are super supportive. I never feel like I'm wearing an old-lady bra when I shop there. They even have some fredericks-eque stuff online.Whatever you do, make sure you get measured so you get the right fit, and try a few styles on-- some will accentuate your assets more than others. :)I will have to check out that Bare Essentials store in Wilmington though. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely take the time to check it out, Museumbride.  I was so surprised and pleased with my experience there!!And just a side note, they do not have a website.  When I asked why, the reason they gave made me like them even more:  They don't have a website because they want their customers to come in so they can get to know them, know what they like and dislike.  They feel undergarment shopping on the web is too impersonal, so they don't have one so you come in and meet with them face to face.  That way, they can suit your needs perfectly.It was nice to feel wanted, respected, and comfortable- not just another shopper without a name.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls for the advice. I work at a dental office and I run around like a nut and sometimes the girls just magically pop out! LMAO. The rest of the girls in my family have "regular" sized boobs. But since I gained weight...I gained it all in my boobs! and I realy appriciate all the great advice. YOU GIRLS ROCK! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bosom Buddies in Paoli is great too!  Victoria's Secret told me I was a 32 C and I couldn't find a strapless bra that worked for my wedding gown.  I learned why when my aunt recommended this store and they measured me properly and I found out I'm a 30 E.  Fun stuff.  They were amazing and had everything in stock.  They specialize in working with women who have had breast cancer, but they have everything you could ever want or need.  They're very friendly and helpful as well as knowledgeable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards