Arkansas

My vendor reviews - Hot Springs area

Wedding venue - Garvan Woodland Gardens - The chapel is beyond gorgeous.  I thought there was no way my wedding pictures would be as pretty as the pictures on their website, but they are prettier.  They are very nice to work with, but very strict.  They have made their rules and refuse to bend on them.  Don't let them tell you that they can seat 100 people indoors for a reception.  The only room they have inside will seat 80 people max and that's with no room left for anything except the caterer.  No DJ, no dancing.Reception venue - Hot Springs Elks Lodge - The Elk's Lodge was perfect for our reception.  The room they have was the same price as the only indoor reception room at the gardens and probably twice the size.  Fred is very friendly to work with.  The only issue is you have to buy alcohol from them and you can't take it with you.Caterer - Special Touch Catering - JoAnne Vaughn - I don't even know where to start.  She helped me from the moment I first talked to her right up to the reception.  My florist forgot my tossing bouquet and she made me one from the floral arrangement on the buffet table.  The food was awesome and she knows everything there is to know about how to have a good wedding reception.Photography - Kari Nichols - Kari is really young and really good.  If you get a two photographer package, it's her and her husband.  She is friendly and fun and we really enjoyed having her be a part of our day.  Most importantly, my pictures are beautiful.Videographer - Michael Mueller Productions - I only saw Michael in person one time before the wedding day and that was at the 2008 bridal fair.  I hired him based on the video he was showing that day and his price.  He was quite a bit cheaper than the other videographer at the bridal fair.  I talked to him a couple times before the wedding and he always remembered me and the details of my wedding.  I received my video yesterday and it is really beautiful.  I questioned whether or not to even get a video, but I am so glad I did.  Having a family member video it is not even close to the same.  It's worth every penny to get a professional.Florist - House of Flowers - Phillip is really good.  When I was indecisive about centerpieces, he pulled out all his vases and some flowers and started building samples for me.  The flowers were gorgeous.  I cried when I first saw my bouquet.  He did forget my tossing bouquet, but I know he was short handed on July 4th.  I'm not holding it against him.Cake - Amber Westgate - She is no longer making cakes, but if she was, I would tell you no one else in Hot Springs can make the type of cake she makes.  She is an artist and doesn't just decorate a cake.  She makes a work of art.  And they taste out of this world good!!!DJ - Central Arkansas Entertainment - DJ Hollywood - Very nice guy and did everything to please.  He had just about everybody up dancing and really created a fun time.  Without him, my caterer, and my photographer, I would have been lost at my reception.  They had everything and everybody where they needed to be when they needed to be there.  I think that's it.  I know that's long, but I wanted to give detail.

Re: My vendor reviews - Hot Springs area

• edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I'm getting married in Hot Springs and I've already booked Phillp at House of Flowers!  He is soooo great!Also, Michael Muller has done all of our family VHS transfers, so he is going to do my wedding too!  Thanks for the tips!If you don't mind me asking, how much was your dj?  we are pricing those now....
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I paid $125 an hour for the DJ.  I had them for three hours and that was plenty of time for us.
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    edited December 2011
    I forgot one! My officiant was Thomas Rider.  He has a website, sacredvows.org.  I actually got his name from someone on here.  I couldn't find anyone in Hot Springs that I liked.  He does the ceremony with the wedding party facing the audience, so everything is turned around.  It was pretty cool.  He likes each couple to use unique music and have unique elements instead of it being like every other wedding you've ever been to.  That fit our personalities pretty good.
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I forgot my hair and makeup people too.  I can't believe how many people I had to pay to have a wedding.  Thank goodness it was all worth it.Hair - Mary Jane at Drab 2 Fab - She does absolutely beautiful up-dos.  Beautiful.  And she does them pretty quickly too.  They let our make up person come to the shop and set up and do our make up there.  We had one whole side of the shop.Make up - Tess Wilmans-Higgins at Glo Limited in Little Rock - I had to pay an extra premium for her to come to Hot Springs on a holiday, but it was worth it.  She did a beautiful job on our make up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards