New Jersey

Mexican or Cuban in NYC

Looking for a fun Mexican or Cuban restaurant in the city to start the evening for my friend's bachelorette party. Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: Mexican or Cuban in NYC

• edited December 2011
    Dos Caminos or Rosa Mexicana
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree with teamaande Victor's Cafe for Cuban as well  
  • edited December 2011
    Havana Central in Times Sq has amazing mojitos and sangria, but food is better at Dos or Rosa.
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Team A&E's choices are very good.  If you're doing somewhat early night to start off with, Rio Grande in Murray Hill has an outdoors patio to eat and drink outside. But their food isn't nearly as good as Dos Caminos or Rosa Mex.
  • edited December 2011
    agree with Dos Caminos.. went last week for a friend bday. white sangria was amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    You have to try Iguana! On 54th btw 8th and bway. SO great. They have a huge margarita and mojito list and there's a club downstairs if you want to dance a little before going out. Awesome dinner spot!
  • viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mexican - Ditto on Dos Caminos, great food and drinks.  Cuban - Cuba Restaurant - 222 Thompson St. - also great food and drinks, especially the flavored mojitos!  http://www.cubanyc.com/cuba/cuba/media/cubarestaurant.html
    Anniversary
  • las1977las1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    El Rio Grande. Great margaritas!
  • rlw2217rlw2217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rosa Mexicano or Son Cubano, on W. 14th by the meatpacking district
  • edited December 2011
    Blockheads is good too, and cheaper.
  • edited December 2011
    big negative for blockheads, not for going out before a bach partyBUT I forgot about Son Cubano! That place was AMAZING great vibe and in a good location for going out after!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all the great recs!  I will start checking them out. 
  • edited December 2011
    mmm blockheads and b-party don't go together for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Maryann's on 8th avenue...cash only thoughgood cuban at Agozar on the Bowery...they specialize in large groups. 
  • vanessapodunkvanessapodunk member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maryann's on 2nd avenue. I can't recall if its at 5th st or 8th. There are other locations if that doesn't work with your plans
  • edited December 2011
    Rosa Mexicano = best Mexican ever!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kimmyf15kimmyf15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you guys are looking to get some good pre-gaming in, then definately go to El Rio Grande on 38th and 3rd. The food is okay but very reasonable but the margaritas are soooo strong, you will definately have a great time. Tortilla Flats in the west village is also kitchsy, I think they do a $50 pp special with unlimited drinks.
  • edited December 2011
    Rosa Mexicano has 3 locations, East Side, Lincoln Center, and Union Square.  I think the union square one is the coolest.  Best Guacamole and Sangrias ever!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards