DC

Funny RSVP Wording

Hi all,Getting married in DC and trying to think of funny rsvp wording. So far came up with:_yes, tell the obamas i am coming_no, i voted for mccain.thanks in advance for your suggestions

Re: Funny RSVP Wording

• edited December 2011
    I personally don't like it because I really don't like to introduce politics into large social gatherings.  I can see you linking DC into your wedding, but I think that there's probably a more neutral way to do it. I think that guests who voted for Obama might think it's funny, but I think that guests who voted for McCain might be offended.  Hopefully not to the point of actually checking off the second one just for that reason, but why introduce strife where it isn't needed? I can be a stick in the mud on stuff like this though, so you might want to consider other opinions first! I have seen some funny non-political RSVP wordings though!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe "aye" and "nay" like voting in congress?Or "yes we can" or "no we can't" - your obama fans might see the connection but it's not overtly political.  I agree that it is pretty dangerous to make your wedding invite political. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would avoid anything political... how about something like:___ Yes, we'll be there with a Capitol Y!___ No, but we'll D.C. ya later!Might be a little cheesy, but it was the best I could come up with.
  • edited December 2011
    I think Jessie's is really cute, it made me smile which is an indicator others will do the same
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree...while I like it, I wouldnt do it for all my guests!!! :)  Jesse'sGirl's was cute.
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Those just cracked me up! I like the Aye and Nay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards