Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

21st birthday gift?

My sister (and MOH) turns 21 this weekend - and of course I did not get her a gift yet (oops!) Any suggestions? I'm trying to avoid the typical 21st birthday stuff (shot glasses, beer mugs, etc) because I think she'll get that from all her friends. TIA!

Re: 21st birthday gift?

• edited December 2011
    A nice piece of jewelry?
  • edited December 2011
    piece of jewelry is nice! my sister always buys me a purse for my bday. i know it sounds weird, but i hate spending the money on the ones i like and she knows it, so she gets me one every year.
  • edited December 2011
    How about a Coach wristlet?  Perfect for fitting cell phone, ID and CC.  Outlet usually has them for $40.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the wristlet idea, great for going out to bars!
  • Lindsey620Lindsey620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got her a wristlet a few years ago but it was Fossil brand and I think its pretty worn out by now. So maybe i'll upgrade her to Coach this year :-) Thanks for the ideas girls.. keep them coming if you have any more!
  • edited December 2011
    My sister is 22 and loves the Vera Bradley all-in-one wristlet.  Not as nice as the Coach wristlets but practical.  I know some ppl aren't into VB. http://tinyurl.com/m5mfwl
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the Vera Bradley (if she's into that).  I got my sister the clutch recently and she loves it!  It's perfect for taking out at night
  • meganjane86meganjane86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is too typical, but it might be a nice addition to the clutch idea- I got my cousin all the little bottles of alcohol they sell at the register at liqour stores! I display them in a basket and it's a good, and cheaper, way to find out what alcohol you like and don't like!
  • Lindsey620Lindsey620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! She definitely has a VB wristlet already, but it's SO dirty. Maybe its time for a new one... either VB or coach.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the wristlet idea, you could also get her a gift certificate to the State Store and tell her that her first shopping trip there is on you!  You could get the gc for only $25 or something small and get her another gift.  I remember when I turned 21 it was kind of fun to wander around the state store and know I could buy anything in the store! :)
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Linds- What did you go with? Dave got me a coach wristlet <3 Inside were Brad Paisley tickets!   Howd her night go?
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards