Registry and Gift Forum

Store Reviews

Has anyone registered with any of these stores? Was it a good experience or terrible? I'm especially interested in Dillard's as they said they'd give us a 20% discount on items after the wedding!

Dillard's
Crate and Barrel
Amazon
Williams-Sonoma

Re: Store Reviews

• Crate and Barrell is one of the places I'm registered at. I think it's great, and it's my favorite of my registries (also have BBB and Macy's). Both registering at the store and managing it online have been super easy. Their website works well and is better organized than either BBB or Macys, too. I think their completion discount is 10%.
  • I love crate and barrel and they also offer a completion discount as well!
  • Nikki71Nikki71 member
    First Comment
    Crate & Barrel holds fun registering events for couples in cities every few weeks. Sign up for one of those! THey take place on Sunday before the mall opens... you get snacks and drinks and can test out different products. We got to cut veggies with our knife set we registered for and eat yummy mini grilled cheeses on a little griddle. So fun!
  • We registered at Crate & Barrel and it has some of my favorite things like placesettings and flatware!  The problem is that there is only one store in our metro area and many of our guests are not online shoppers, so only a couple of things have been purchased on there (and we are just over 2 weeks away.)  While I love what we selected, if I had to do it over again I probably wouldn't have registered there.  Rather, I probably would have created a larger registry at Macy's.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_store-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:caa21486-9ee4-48ac-9c2a-10069ee92f56Post:24a2844f-da8a-4efc-b6b1-b48fc5f7341e">Store Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone registered with any of these stores? Was it a good experience or terrible? I'm especially interested in Dillard's as they said they'd give us a 20% discount on items after the wedding! Dillard's Crate and Barrel Amazon Williams-Sonoma
    Posted by dzturtleshell[/QUOTE]

I really like Crate and Barrel's registry.  AND I just found out yesterday (because I got one) that they send you a postcard when something on your registry is about to be taken out of stores.  It was a punch bowl set, and the postcard was to notify me that it would no longer be available in stores after 7/1, but would be available online after that.  So that's really helpful. 
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I ditto loving crate and barrel and macy's for the same reasons pps mentioned.  Dillards is fine but their stuff goes out of stock a lot and their website isn't the greatest.  That said, the 20% discount swayed me also so I have a small registry there of stuff that I know I want to buy post-wedding, and I'm going to take stuff down as we get it from other places.  We aren't telling anybody about it but if anybody thinks to look great, if not, no big.  It's one of the few dept stores that doesnt come up on theknot or mywedding or whatever when searching, so people will only know about it if they think to go there on their own.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Crate&Barrel, Macy's, and BB&B have all been great for us.  All of them have accepted returns with no questions asked, C&B even exchanged 8 beer mugs which broke when the box fell out of my dad's truck.  Definitely recommend, all have easy editing of online registries and were easy to register at in person.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards