Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

father/daughter dance song if i'm not that close with my dad?

ok, so i've never really been a "daddy's little girl". my dad was always the stand-offish type and we have a mutual respect for each other but we just aren't overly close. i am honored to have him walk with down the isle (with my mom!) but when it comes to the father/daughter dance i keep thinking that it's going to be really awkward... any ideas for songs that aren't all sappy or sentimental? i was thinking maybe the waltz of the godfather (ya know, the whole thing about it being the day of the daughter's wedding at the beginning of the movie) but i dunno if that would be weird. any ideas? dad and i are both lost.

Re: father/daughter dance song if i'm not that close with my dad?

• jfoss11336jfoss11336 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in a simular situation... My mom was a single parent until I turned 17. She married my now step dad and because of my age, I never really connected with him. I struggled with a song because I didn't want a sappy emotional song. I finally decided to do the father/daughter dance and the mother/son dance at the same time. We are dancing to "You've got a friend" by James Taylor. It is a perfect song for our situation. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • caityhadycaityhady member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know your tastes/style, but Wildflowers by Tom Petty is a cool song and its lyrics are sweet without being sappy.
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im not the sappy type so i found some songs that would work in that case-Forever Young – Rod Stewart-Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder-These are the Days – 10,000 Maniacs-These are the Days – Van Morrison
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards