Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Florist Advice

Hey Ladies!

So you helped me on the cake...now I need help on a florist.
I have met with a few:
1. Boston's Floral Couture- amazing ideas...very expensive...should I meet with again and give her the budget?
2. Touch of Elegance- too new at it...I am renting some of her faux arrangements for the ceremony...no one will be able to tell since they will be on the alter
3. Magnolia's- David has great ideas..but the man won't call me back...i'm sick of trying...called 5 times, emailed 4 times...never heard a thing

I am meeting with on on wednesday...Millenium Events & Floral in Indiana...I've never heard of them..got their name from a person through a person, so not even a good solid recommendation.

I want someone that is creative, good quality flowers, not overly expensive, and is reliable! (Will actually call back and show up that day!!) No newbies to the scene....but no one that's worn out and still does the same ol flowers.

Any ideas? I appreciate your comments!!

Re: Florist Advice

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they gave you a bad vibe when communicating, I'd move on.  If you love their stuff and budget is a problem - I'd ask what they could do in the same style within the budget you have.  They might suprise you. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard Country Squire recommended on her a few times, but I've never used them myself. 
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_florist-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:15f305b6-ad8d-4aa6-a9d0-5afe2d5b80afPost:da5ca3f2-42f6-417d-8fd5-f643906987f4">Re: Florist Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard Country Squire recommended on her a few times, but I've never used them myself. 
    Posted by anothersunnyday[/QUOTE]

I have too.  I called them a couple of times and didn't get a return call from the designer, ever.  I found somebody who communicates much better.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you contact Lloyd's florist?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Magnolias, but I have also heard he's very hard to get ahold of.
    Personally, people I can't get ahold of after a call or two freak me out. Honestly, there are so many vendors...you'd probably be better off finding one you feel comfy with. I've also heard good things about Sarah at Country Squire and Lloyds.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have only heard of a girl from my grade school using Country Squire (they were in our parish too---the florist). I have seen Lloyd's at shows...his flowers looked nice. Actually, I had a dream last night because of the "stress" of trying to find a florist...and the flowers in my dream were from Lloyd's! ha..wierd....I guess I should try to meet with one of those and be done with it.
    thanks for the advice again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using J. Elizabeth Designs. Jill has been absolutely wonderful to work with so far! I would highly recommend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lloyd's is great, so is Country Squire and J. Elizabeth Designs.
    If you go across the river, there is Gatherings - Shannon Ross, or Lavender Hill. Both fabulous places as well.
  • Options
    FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had many different people highly recommend In Bloom Again (inbloomagain.com). They are located downtown. I haven't talked to any florists yet so I can't say that I have experience with them, but based on the recommendations I am going to check them out.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have found the "hidden treasure" of florists. She used to work at a florist off Hurstbourne Ln. Now in Indiana. They do tons of charity events/fundraisers, so she sofas, lighted coffee tables to rent. Awesome lady! Beautiful work....extremely reasonable prices.

Her name is BJ. Millenium Floral.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards