Arizona-Phoenix

Local source for sealing wax?

Does anyone know anywhere locally that sells faux sealing wax sticks?  Essentially, they look like colored glue sticks for hot glue guns, and are a lot less brittle than traditional sealing wax.I'll be doing wax seals on our invitations and I'm looking for copper wax sticks.  I've found several places online, but it's difficult to determine if the color I see on my monitor is accurate.Thanks!

Re: Local source for sealing wax?

• NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it is faux or not, but I do know that JoAnn's and Michael's sell some form of sealing wax.  They also have the stamps to make an imprint in the wax, if you still need one.If they don't carry it, I would call around to a few of the invitations places around town.
    Photobucket
  • shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw some sealing wax and seals at Michaels (I don't know if they are faux though). They are in the wedding aisle. I am curious how well they turn out, but I didn't want to spend like $15-20 and then find out it doesn't look very good...If you do buy them from there let us know how they turn out!
  • Fondue IIFondue II member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations.  I already checked Michael's and Joann--neither of them have copper.  :(
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at nostalgicimpressions.com - I needed champagne-colored wax, and it turned out to be very true to what my computer showed. Not that it will guarantee the same thing for you, but just a thought.
  • Fondue IIFondue II member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does help!  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards