Maryland-Baltimore
Options

**Unionbay**

Hey!I responded to your "quit or be fired" post below - I think it's important to read so I just wanted to let you know!(I went against the grain and said "quit" - see below!)I hope all is well girlie!!!! :):):):)

Re: **Unionbay**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response! That is my total dilemma.  If I am fired it is for performance reasons... although its kinda a catch 22 b/c now that the economy has hit the sh!tter and property values have fallen, they have decided now is a great time to hold us accountable to lending goals that have actually gone up since 2 years ago when the market was booming. My performance has improved but not to the level they are wanting it to be.  I really think it is their way to "downsize" without having to lay people off and do severence and all that.  I don't agree with what they are doing at all (there are a lot of other managers in the same position as me, some have been with the company for over 30 years and now, all of a sudden, they aren't "good enough") Now, to my knowledge my company will not answer the question if you are eligible for rehire.  I will have to double check that w/ HR but that is what I have heard.  I don't want to quit without another job lined up b/c that would be really irresponsible of me, having a mortgage and all, but the biggest issue with quitting is I am about half way through a contract (which means if I walk out the door today I owe them about 23,000, which I also can't afford).  So my hopes are 1) If I get fired, I might not have to pay that back, OR 2) If I can work an agreement for them to just let me out of the contract without having to pay them back and I would just quit.  Its a mess and I feel totally stuck.  Sorry this got long! Thanks for your advice though! I am really going to have to get an attorney I think, but again who wants to spend money on that!
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh - what a mess!!! I'm so sorry love!Let me know if you need anything! **knottie hugs**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards