Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Italian Honeymoon - New Blog

Hi everyone,I am newly married and we are about to head on our honeymoon in October.  I have started a blog on planning and researching a 12 day honeymoon to Italy and Paris.  Please come check it out!http://honeymoon-italy.blogspot.com/Thanks!

Re: Italian Honeymoon - New Blog

• Options
    This may come in very helpful to me.  My husband and I just went on our honeymoon in June to Maui, but we just booked a trip to Italy for next Spring.We're going to Rome and Venice for 7 days total.  I'm typically a huge planner and would have researched what towns to go to, etc., but this trip came unexpectedly as a gift from his mom to us and husband's sister and her husband.  Now I'm just starting out fresh trying to find things to do so I look forward to your postings and sharing what I find too.
  • Options
    This will be helpful to me as well. We're planning on spending 10 days split up between Rome, Florence and the Amalfi Coast. How hard was it for you to use your sky miles? I hear it can be a real pain the the a$$, but we're hoping to do that as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's a shame you're just doing Rome and Venice.  There's so many more beautiful places to see here.  My biggest advice about Venice: unless you're ready to spend $140 on a gondola ride for a half hour, buy a water bus pass for 24 or 48 hours that allows you to hop on hop off wherever, and goes all over Venice.  You can get some wonderful vantage points that way.
  • Options
    Krystle please keep me in the loop.  My fiance and I are looking to go to Europe for our honeymoon as well.  Your blog looks great.  We'd like to do Paris and Italy.  I too am a planner and quite frankly...don't know where to begin.  A family member gave us a timeshare for "anywhere in the world".  So, we'll probably stay at one hotel during our stay and do day trips. Hopefully, that's manageable.
  • Options
    Hey there,We went to Italy and Paris on our honeymoon too! We were there for about 15 days. And, I have to say I was shocked to find that Rome was my least favorite of the cities (I had expected the opposite) Also we had been to Paris before. We spent 5 nights in Paris, 1 night Milan, 2 nights Venice, 2 nights Florence, and 4 nights Rome. And, in Italy, Florence and Venice, IMO were much more romantic and interesting than Rome. If you haven't set you trip in stone, I would urge you to consider Florence!Also, in Rome, you must go to the Galleria Borghese!Let me know if you want any recommendations!
  • Options
    Are you sure the Anne Frank Museum is only 2 miles from Schiphol?  The museum isn't too far from the train station, but the airport is like half an hour away.  I would also check out the Van Gogh Museum is you have time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards