Illinois-Chicago

Rave: Oak Park Jewelers

I live in the city and work in Oak Park so I decided to stop in on a whim for a second opinion on my ring repair.  I had been told by a very reputable jeweler where we were previously living it couldn't be sized because it would loosen the pave side stones, so I had been wearing it with a ugly sizer on the bottom since we got engaged 5 months ago. At Oak Park They had to actual repair guy come look at my ring and he said it could be done, and they would go back a tighten all the pave diamonds on the sides. It cost $60--which wasn't too bad since the other jeweler said the only option was to buy a new setting! Its so nice to have my ring back in all its tiny size 3.75 glory!
GP February Siggy Challenge:
Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rave: Oak Park Jewelers

• edited December 2011
    3.75! Wow!! You do have a tiny little finger! I thought my 5 1/2 was pretty small (-: Glad they were able to help you.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed, they are great there!
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • edited December 2011
    They custom made my wedding ring and did an amazing job as well! I wanted the wedding band to fit perfectly around the wedding band--and it ended up perfect. Superb service and work! Thanks Oak Park Jewelers!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance's best friend's family owns that store, I will tell them about this message, they will appreciate it! :)  Where do you work in Oak Park?  I live on Erie st. 2 blocks north of Lake.  We are actually getting married at the Carleton, right down the street from Oak Park jewelers, have you ever heard of that? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards