Ohio-Cincinnati

Marriage License Montgomery County

I've tried calling the marriage license office but they just have a recorded message that plays and no way to talk to a human being, so I thought I would see if anyone on here knew the answer to my question. FI and I won't be able to get the marriage license until two days before the wedding as we live out of town and the office is only open M-F, 8-5. Is this a problem? I don't think there's a waiting period, right? So theoretically we just get the marriage license right then and there when we go in to the office?
Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

Re: Marriage License Montgomery County

• You'll want to verify this, but our priest said that we need to get our license at least 3 days before the wedding. We're planning on doing it about 2 months out (60 days is the limit), so I don't have any evidence other than the priest's word for the 3 day thing. I'd call another line and try to get  transferred to a real person if I were getting into town so close to the wedding.  
  • You should be fine getting yours 2 days before the wedding. I took a day off work the day we got ours since our office is only open 8 to 4 and it took us 15 minutes tops. Just make sure you have your original birth certificate and photo ID and you should be in an out in no time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is no waiting period.  You can complete the application online to expedite the process, but you must appear in person.

http://www.mcohio.org/government/probate/marriage_licenses.html
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards