Arizona-Phoenix

Any moms freaking you out?

My step-mom has gone berserko with this wedding! I really appreciate all her help, but she has taken it to the next level! Any of you gals' moms doing the same?~Trishp.s. sorry for the random comments without saying hi after being gone for a while!

Re: Any moms freaking you out?

• shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom is kind of a freak. For example, we put our deposit on our venue and she literally HAD to call 5 minutes after we left the place to reserve a room there while she was on vacation in Disneyland. I asked her to wait a couple days until she was at least back home, but she was worried that everyone else was going to beat her to it and all the rooms would be gone, even though nobody even knew where the location of our wedding was going to be..And I told her I was going to ask my cousin's little girl to be my flower girl and everyday my mom is like "Have you asked her yet? Have you asked her? You need to ask her! You should ask her!" Seriously, give me room this is not your wedding..Overall she isn't THAT bad (could be worse), but she is starting to get on my nerves a little, lol.How is your step-mom going berserko?
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! I love the reservation story! She all of a sudden presented me with a list of things from decorations to guests. Apparently she's been doing some planning of her own with a friend of hers.  I really do appreciate her enthusiasm and volunteering to do a lot of stuff, but its making me nervous! The best part is that our wedding is black and white, nothing too extravagant but we're having hawaiian food and she thought it would be a good idea if we now go with hawaiian decorations. Yikes! I politely told her I didn't think the luau theme was what I was going for.
  • edited December 2011
    Where are your plans for your hawaiian food, do you have a vendor?
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom has asked if my BM's are going to have a designated driver for the Bachelorette party. Which is ten months away.... She randomly gets anxiety about these little details that I haven't even thought of yet!  Ha ha you are not alone :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Marci - yes we're using AZ U Wish catering. Roy is doing awesome at helping us with certain concessions and the food is really good (and different) and amazingly economical! I'm really excited!
  • stahlopstahlop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mother is paying for the wedding, which means she is basically in control, but we were arguing about wedding stuff before I was even engaged.  At the beginning she kept calling me a bridezilla (not to my face, an accidentally sent email) because; I wanted my wedding on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, I wanted a DJ instead of a band and because I don't want flowers in my centerpieces (winter wonderland theme).  God forbid!  I also didn't want the wedding party wearing black and my mother was like "Well, if FI's mom is wearing black then I'm going to wear black, I don't care what you want".  I was like, "what are you 5?  If your friends jump off a bridge are you going to also?"  Luckily, FI's mom's dress is teal and mom's is sapphire, but mom is seriously out of control.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These stories make me laugh. I'm glad I don't have these problems. Now, if we wanted to talk about FMIL, that's totally different ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards