Asian Weddings
Options

First time to Korean Wedding Board

It is so awesome to see this board.  I am getting married in Oct 17. 2009 in Sacramento.  My FI is 2nd generation Hmong and I'm 1.5 generation Korean.My wedding will be Korean American Christian wedding since his family is going to throw a Hmong after-wedding party for his side.I'm incorporating my Korean Bridal Dress to the wedding.HI EVERYONE...nice to meet you all!

Re: First time to Korean Wedding Board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! What does your dress look like? When my cousin got married she had 2 different dresses. One was a Han Bok (sorry if I spelt that wrong) and another that looked like every other wedding gown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Hanbok but a contemporay style, not the traditional bridal Hanbok...more like a wedding dress but Hanbok material and the colors. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds very interesting! I would love to see how it turns out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome everyone! :D I'm so excited to see everyone come on this board & also be so enthusiastic. I'm also excited you'll be incorporating your hanbok! I honestly had not planned to do so, but wish I could. I'm just not sure if it will work with our venue, theme, other bridal party members, etc. But I bet it will be GORGEOUS!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, do you have a picture of what that looks like? I have a traditional hanbok but what you're talking about sounds VERY interesting and beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am picking it up next weekend and will try to post pics, but contemporary hanbok is only available in highly korean populated areas like LA and NY. I'm actually driving to LA to pick it up. Contemporary hanbok will fit into any venue and it's a great dress other than your bridal gown to STAND OUT! Check out this website...it's where i'm getting it from. http://theleehwaweddingusa.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting! I can't wait to see pics! Make sure you post them here for us! I studied when I was in undergrad over in Korea for a month and bought a traditional hanbok there that I love. I don't wear it much. obviously. haha. But it's so gorgeous. I love all the colors, like you mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards