Michigan-Grand Rapids

Shower Guest List

This may seem like a really dumb question, but, my MOH is insisting that I invite girls to the shower that I am NOT inviting to the wedding.  We are on a rather tight budget, and, had to limit who we invited to the wedding.  Now, when it comes time to make out the guestlist for the shower, my MOH is treating me like a moron because "old" friends aren't on the shower guestlist.  Because they were "old" friends (who I have lost touch with recently) they were not invited to the wedding, so, therefore I consider it tacky to invite them to the shower, just becaus, (and this is a direct quote from my MOH!!!!)   "More people = More Presents!!!!"

Re: Shower Guest List

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are absolutely right - it is not cool to invite people to the shower that are not invited to your wedding.  Put your foot down on that one!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's totally wrong and against etiquette to invite people to a shower who aren't invited to the wedding.Unfortunately, no matter how much I've told my mom this, she's insisting that certain people be invited to the shower.  At the end of the day, it reflects badly on her, and not on me, but it bothers the hell out of me.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanx soooo much for your opinions!!!!  Amoro I am totally right alongside you!!!!  This is driving me nuts!!!! Like you, I will probably just keep the peace and go along with it!!!  My theory is that since it's only 1 or 2 people, if they ask why they aren't invited to the wedding, I will explain that since we are on a REALLY tight budget, we had to limit the guestlist.  Again, thanx for the help ladies!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards