Michigan-Grand Rapids

Kim Kriner's Nightmare- Long

I didn't buy my dress from Kim Kriner's, but my mom bought her mother of the bride dress there. I just want to share my experience so that hopefully others can avoid the nightmare that I went through. My mom is from out of town and doesn't have many dress stores near her so when she was down visiting for mothers day in May we went dress shopping for her. We looked at the mall first and when we didn't find anything there we left to go to a bridal shop, on the way there we saw Kim Kriner's and decided to stop on a whim. My mom ended up finding a dress and ordering it only after they reassured her that it would be in by July 11. We asked (multiple times) if it would be in by July 11th because that's when my bridal shower was and my mom was going to be in town again. They reassured us that it would not be a problem because the dress had a 5 week ship time so my mother would be able to pick it up when she was in town. Well, the week before my mom came to town I called to check on the dress and they told me it was not in and would not be in for weeks. They claimed to never have told me this and refused to do anything about it. When the dress finally did arrive (last week) I went to the store and asked if they would ship it to my mother since it was their fault that she could not pick it up when she was in town. They refused and did not apologize. Kim Kriner herself yelled at me in the store, in front of customers, saying that she would not ship a dress that they had got to the store in five weeks after ordering. At this point I questioned why it was not in by July 11th if the dress had arrived in 5 weeks and they just then discovered that they had not actually ordered the dress until mid June (a month after I had placed the order in the store!) At this point I expected an apology, instead they shoved the dress toward me and did not say anything else (no apology, no offer to help, even after they realized that the problem was their fault). Thinking the problem was over I sent the dress to my mom only to discover their measurements were wrong and the dress does not fit her! My wedding is now in two weeks and my mom is stuck with a non-returnable dress that she can not wear and nothing else to wear to the wedding (she's going shopping this weekend). I would highly recommend avoiding this store at all costs. Kim Kriner herself is rude and refuses to give even mediocre customer service. I have never had an experience like this in my life and hope that others will avoid going through what I did. On a side note if anyone is looking for a size 8 mother of the bride dress in a deep purple, my mom has one that she would like to sell!

Re: Kim Kriner's Nightmare- Long

• clmcnicholasclmcnicholas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks about what happened. We stopped in briefly once, but between the smell in the store, the rudeness, and the location (between two pawn shops) we quickly walked out the door. Can you post a pic of the dress that your mom is trying to sell? My FMIL might be interested.
  • mbear511mbear511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that. We went into the store once and didn't last very long either. But my mom did go back and ordered her dress - she got the dress 1 month after ordering and alterations were taken care of immediately with no problems at all. I hope everything works out for your mom, is she unable to get it altered?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Carter5.25.10 Charlotte 2.6.12
  • farmgirl82909farmgirl82909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I am one of the few people that hasn't had a single problem with Kim's. I ordered my dress from there and it came in 2-3 weeks earlier than what they had told me. We also ordered my bridemaids dresses from there and they also came in almost a month earlier than planned. They also were really good about letting me make payments. I have had a very good experience with Kim Kriners and they were also alot cheaper on dresses than a lot of the other places we went. I would definitley go back there again. Sorry that you had such a bad experience with them.   
  • edited December 2011
    *farmgirl82909- I have heard good things about the place, but I think anyone who's had even the slightest problem there has realized that the store is NOT willing to work with them or help to resolve the issue in any way. I'm glad everything worked out for you. *clmcnicholas- If you can wait a two weeks (until after my wedding) I can send you pics. Let me know if you're still interested.
  • edited December 2011
    I have actually been to that bridal shop twice. That is actually where I found my dress and my bridesmaids dresses but I ended up ordering it somewhere else because I got better prices. However, during my time in there, I did not have any problems. The sales people were quite friendly and helpful in helping me look for what I wanted. Like I said, I didn't actually purchase anything, so I guess have nothing to comment how they handle those matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards