Wedding Party

XP: Bridal Party Titles

I'm only having my two little sisters as my bridesmaids (15 and 21), but I don't want one sister to have a different title than the other. Is it unusual to have them both be MoHs but have no BMs? Should I just have them in the programs BMs since there's no differentiation between the two? FI will have two GMs, but isn't sure if he wants to label one, both, or none Best Man -- honestly, he's not really close to either them, but one is his brother and the other is mine. What titles they get don't affect whatever titles my sisters have, right? We both decided on no friends because we wanted as little drama as humanly possible. =) Do the titles matter to anyone outside of the BP? I posted this on my local board but am looking for any more possible ideas or opinions. Ah, and if I choose to do two MoHs, should the program read "Maidens of Honor" or "Maids of Honor"? I thought the latter, but one post on my local board said "Maidens". Thanks so much! :)

Re: XP: Bridal Party Titles

• I would leave the titles off completely and list them as "bride's attendants" and "groom's attendants"  in the program
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ditto tide.  Calling them attendants completely takes care of the issue.  You can have your 21 year old sister sign the license, and the 15 year old stand closer to you in the ceremony, thus giving both an "honor".And I've only ever heard the term Maid of Honor.  Maiden of Honor sounds a little too precious for me.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Ditto all PPs.  No one will come up to you on your wedding day and say, "But WHO is the MOH???"
  • Maids of Honor, Best Men is fine. (I agree, "Maiden" sounds silly.)Bridesmaids and Groomsmen is fine. Bride's Attendants and Groom's Attendants is fine. "Honor Attendants" as a blanket statement for all four people is fine. Your call. Nobody will care. I'd personally use Honor Attendants.
  • Thanks ladies! Great advice -- I think I'll leave the titles off just to keep things simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards