Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm shocked

2»

Re: I'm shocked

• But, guys - he's applying.  Surely he'll have a job in 2 weeks.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • happy anniversary !!I really want to know why the boss thought they would move across country.. I mean that is a pretty big move to assume.  Unless of course FI said he would just to keep his job in order to get the house.  If that is the case, I would not use him for a reference.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • But, guys - he's applying. Surely he'll have a job in 2 weeksToo bad it's gone.  I'd like to tell her that I've been applying for 3 months and I still don't have a job.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • And the thing is, most places will not give you a loan for a home until you can prove that you're actively working.  The purchase of MIL and FIL's previous home almost fell through because one of the buyers had to get a new job and re-qualify for the mortgage.
  • There was another one from late last night.  She didn't want to invite her FBIL's FI because she acts so childish, she doesn't get along with her and she didn't want to see her on her wedding day.  FBIL's FI was 18 and the poster was 20.  Most responses were very nice but she kept digging a whole.  I was going to go back to see if anything else had been added but it's gone.  Tear....
  • Me too, J&K. Me too.
  • Thanks Lynda!I'm thinking the same thing though.  If she actually elaborated rather than sought validation, perhaps those details would have come to light.
  • Happy Anniversary!
  • The other thing that amuses me is that the only person who agreed with the OP is the OP's only 'friend' in her knot profile.  I'm just a wee bit suspicious.
  • Maybe they became "friends" after she agreed with OP? hehe.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Happy anniversary, banana.  Here's to many, many more!  And to you from this old married hag:  it does just keep getting better and better.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Thanks OOT and Trix!   On a happy note, it's really amazing how these two years have flown by.  Life is wonderful with him. 
  • Oh! Happy anni, Bananarama!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes, "Our Special Day" has been posted a lot too. Gross.
  • Happy Anniversary!  What's the gift supposed to be for number two?  Any plans (you know, aside from the obvious)?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Happy anniversary!
  • The gift is 'cotton' or 'China' and neither are on our list right now.  So instead we're going to a nice local restaurant that's come highly recommended by a coworker and then we'll have a quiet night at home.  I'm really looking forward to it!
  • It fits!   There will be linens and you'll be eating off of plates.  See?  I can make it work :)It sounds like a lovely evening.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good point ivy!!
  • Ok, about the OP and FI and the boss, etc. Five main comments: 1. For heaven's sake, people, why are you judging her? Do you have no lives? (oh wait, of course not, you're spending all day blogging!) 2. If I were trying to buy a house and my fiance were applying for jobs locally, I wouldn't tell my current employer, espically if that employer was thinking of moving many, many states away. 3. Why are you judging her not telling her boss? Her FI needs a job in order to get the house! No job = No house. The FI is looking for jobs and MAYBE he's in the running for a good one. Not that any of you would know this or not-- you all just want to judge her and be catty bitches. 4. Why are they any more "liars" than any of us? Who are you to throw stones? They're just trying to make the best of things and their current empoyer doesn't NEED to know if the FI is looking for another job. Sorry, they're trying to make a life for themselves. 5. You are ALL incredibly horrible people. I hope and pray to God that I never have any aquaintances even remotely like any of you! Here you are, judging and not even TRYING to understand or symphathize! No wonder she DD the blog.AACAT
  • If you didn't even read the OP, how are you able to comment on whether or not anyone attempted to gain more information to try to understand the situation?
  • How the HELL do you know I didn't read the original post? Just b/c I don't post a witless comment like the rest of you doens't mean that i don't READ. The moron level on this blog is off the charts!!!! I was going to post my own wedding question, but now that I see this site is fully of selfish, idiotic, catty bitches who are braver on cyber-space than in real life, I think I'll get advice from some place more intelligent. Later. AACAT
  • I see lots of love in this thread - not to be confused with a blog - but almost all of the name calling and insults came from, well, you.
  • So you chose to post an answer HOURS after the original post was deleted?  OK, so then maybe you read the entire thing and then thought about an answer for four hours.Ditto PP.  The name calling didn't start until hours after this thread was posted.  Rather unfortunate actually.
  • Yeah, we support being nice. It's quite the curse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards