Wedding Party
Options

maid of honor AND matron of honor

Would it be weird to have a maid of honor AND a matron of honor...I am having a really hard time choosing between two friends and both of these girls have been my best friends for over 15 years. How would that work with choosing which one will stand next to me and who will give the speech. Any Ideas??

Re: maid of honor AND matron of honor

• Options
    You can have both, and you can have both involved to equal degrees. Both can help plan your bridal shower/bachelorette, both can give toasts, etc. The only real decision you'll need to make is standing position, who holds your bouquet, his ring, etc., and who signs the marriage license. Even those things can be split between the two of them (one holds the bouquet, the other holds the ring, etc.).I'm planning on have a matron of honor (best friend #1/cousin) and maid of honor (best friend #2). They'll both be involved in the bridal shower, etc. and will both give speeches, but in terms of standing next to me, signing the license, etc., I'd like my cousin do those things, as she's family. Best advice? Talk to your girls and see who would like to do different duties, who's comfortable with what, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards