Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Polaroid Guest Book

So I'm trying to figure out a unique way of doing my guest sign in. I don't want just a book you set on a table...too boring for me (no offense to anyone!). I'm really liking the idea of someone taking a polaroid of each guest/couple/family that comes in and then having them either write a note on the picture or writing a note on some cardstock and maybe placing a number on it to correspond with a number placed on the picture...then just placing them in a bowl or vase or something. Then when I get back from the honeymoon I can sort through it and put them into an album (which the time to do that is fine with me, I love doing that kind of stuff!).Is this too much of a hassle? I'm having approximately 100-115 guests. My only problematic thought is that a huge line will form while they wait to take a picture and write a note. Could I maybe just designate a table somewhere else in the room for the guest to take their picture as they wish and write a note as they wish throughout the reception?I'm confused on what to do and would really like to do this somehow!

Re: Polaroid Guest Book

• Options
    Have you considered renting a photobooth? Yeah, it's pricier, but it's way easier too.
  • Options
    MrsNFBMrsNFB member
    First Comment
    This idea is cute and can totally work but I think you'll need at least 3 people dedicated to make sure it gets done (and in a timely manner). We did a Polaroid guest book for about 70 guests and we had two of our wedding coordinator's assistants dedicated to taking the pictures (most everyone got their picture taken during the cocktail hour, couples and families got their picture taken together) and making sure everyone signed the book (this went on well into the dinner reception). Since Polaroid stopped producing film for the Polaroid camera, my suggestion is that you invest in a POGO printer (by Polaroid). It does the same thing as Polaroid (instant photos) but you can use a regular digital camera to take the pics. Good luck!
  • Options
    1)polaroid stopped making the film, unfortunately, so this wouldn't work, even though it's an adorable idea.2)I wouldn't really recommend a photo printer either, unless it's a really really nice ones, because most photos printed on them will fade dramatically after a year. :( I think a safer solution could be to number spots in the guestbook, have them sign their names and write a note. Take a picture with a digital camera of each guest that comes in. Have prints made at Walmart, Target, etc after the wedding. The benefit of this: you won't have to worry about what do do with the pictures DURING the wedding. You can put them in your book after the honeymoon when you have time to. And, the prints will be higher quality than ones you print. To make it work, you'd really need to have someone designated to use the camera JUST for this purpose and take pictures as they write their names in so you'll know what order to put the pictures.I love the idea of a personalized guest book. I don't see the point of the ones where you just write a name; what's the point? A picture and/or personal note is a much better keepsake, in my opinion.Let us know what you decide to do!!
  • Options
    The POGO printer by Polaroid is not a typical photo printer. It prints on Polaroid paper where the ink is in the paper, just like the old-school Polaroids. You never buy ink for it, you just need to buy the paper. And you use a regular digital camera for the pics so you'll always have them - the POGO prints out and develops the film almost as fast as a Polaroid. Plus, your guests can also get a copy if you want to provide them because you print out as many as you want. We did a Polaroid guest book and the photos have not yet faded. If they fade in 100 years then it won't really matter since I'll be long gone. I also have a ton of Polaroids of me as a kid in the 70s and 80s and they are totally fine. I wouldn't get hung up about how long Polaroids will last, they will outlast us all. I've researched this POGO printer because I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one to do a photo guest book for my baby's 1st birthday party. I love, love, love how Polaroid photos look and it's so fun to instantly have a print out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards