Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Favorite Foundation

I do not use alot of makeup...just mascara and sometimes eye shadow. I have some redness and scaring on my face(everyone says they dont notice it but i see it) and would like to use a subtle foundation. when i do wear foundation, which is rare, i use cg powder. does anyone have any suggestions? i am curious about the mousse but dont want to use it if it is no good.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Favorite Foundation

• Options
    I can't use drug store brand make-up... I have tried them all and I either break out or get itchy. I have had luck with Clinique being a nice, inexpensive foundation. They have many to choose from so it's about finding the best that works for your skin. My absolute favorite foundation is LORAC (purchased at Ulta). It is oil free, paraben free and something else free, haha. My skin is pretty light and I have some redness and light scarring too. It's the only foundation I have ever used that matched my skin so well and blended everything. I set with Clinique stay matte oil free pressed powder. The combination does wonders for me and makes my skin look flawless. The LORAC foundation was a bit more than Clinique but it has lasted me foreverrr and is definitely worth the price (about $35). Again, your skin tone may not match these products but try going to a place like Ulta or Sephora and they can play with all sorts of formulas, consistencies and colors of foundation to find what works for you.
  • Options
    I like loreal. its the most inexpensive foundation i can use.
  • Options
    I love love LOVE Smashbox foundation
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not sure how much you want to spend but I loved Make Up Forever in HD from Sephora (PIB from the wedding day).  It kept my shine in control and looked great all night.
  • Options
    Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation - I used it on my wedding day with flawless results.  For day to day use, I dilute the LM foundation with moisturizer for a sheer finish.
  • Options
    Dior have just released an amazing mineral based foundation, with light reflectors, it's light and subtle but gives great coverage (I have horrible acne scarring)I have quite sensitive skin and it works really well for me.I have tried all of the cheaper foundations and couldn;t get on with any of them,Most department stores will let you have a tester foundation to try if you tell them you have sensitive skin and need to test for a reaction, that should see you through your day without having to buy the full size one if you aren't going to use it again. 
  • Options
    i love bobbi brown foundations! if you don't want to buy the full bottle you can always ask for a few samples
  • Options
    I second Laura Mercier. The foundation is great (they have oil and non oil based) and if you are not used to wearing makeup or do not want very heavy makeup they have a great tinted moisturizer. That is what I use on a daily basis and love it. It also has spf 15 or 20 (i think) and it lasts quite a while.
  • Options
    I love Prescriptives foundation too! I need to buy some loose powder to go over it and I'm trying not to buy theirs because it's out of my budget. I do recommend their products though.
  • Options
    I have a bit of acne and I want a foundation that covers well but doesn't look like a have a mask on. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    I too do not wear much make up but wanted to find something for my wedding day to hide that redness around my nose and chin.  I was not sure what I would like or who was best so I would go to the mall tell the makeup artisit what I was looking for an have her apply it then I would wear it all day and see the results a few hours later.  I found that some of the tinted moisterizers faded in an hour but after several makeup artists I found that I like the Laura Mercier and I also like Bobbi Brown.  They both are a little more expensive but I was happy with the purchase and the ladies were great about teaching me how to apply.  I have to admit that the Bobbi Brown make up artists rock they really knew the makeup and how to apply they were not just sales persons.
  • Options
    On my wedding day, my makeup artist used a mineral makeup called "True"..and it was amazing. The best I've used by far...It gave great coverage, and it looked really good in pictures! I was impressed,and would highly recommend it. I just ordered some for myself! Other than that, I would for sure say Bobbi Brown makes great makeup all around!
    Photobucket image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i WOULD HAVE A MAKEUP ARTIST DO YOUR MAKEUP YOU APPLY MAKEUP DIFFERENTLY FOR PHOTOS THAN FOR EVERYDAY MAKEUP IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE NAME OF MY GIRL JUST LET ME KNOW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards