Flowers

ONLY one type of flower?

Is it wrong to only have one type of flower for the whole thing? or is that a cost effective way that will make me look like an idiot? Bulk flowers seem like the way to go, but I think I could only afford two types at most.My first choice is Golden Orange Spray RosesMy whole venue is a garden paradise, and I wonder if I even need that many flowers.How many types of flowers did you girls get?Other questionable choices: Rose Petals Yellow with Red Tips 6,000 Rose Petals for $139.99 Curly Willow Branch 15 bunches for $159.99
imageimage

Re: ONLY one type of flower?

• edited December 2011
    I am just doing one type of flower.  We are only using tulips but we are using different types of tulips since the petals come in different shapes. 
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used only peonies. i had light pink, dark pink, and cream all mixed together and it was stunning!
  • edited December 2011
    i just used roses (red and white) i also bought in bulk and the centerpieces and bouquets were all DIY
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Tell your florist to go with you to Greenleaf Wholesale Florist... They will be able to work you and your florist for your budget... Seriously, you can still get bulk; they offer mixed boxes!!! It's awesome :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I guess my idea of mixing op the roses is good then. Or going with just that one. I just need something to make my long twisting aisle look special. (the loose petals) Did any of you girls decide to not use greens at all? I don't like em. I don't know why, but I don't.Thanks for your help. I think maybe everything will work itself out because my fiance used to help out his friend's dad's flower shop and maybe they can help us out too! :)But if not... Fiftyflowers.com seems to have the best selection for the lowest prices.
    imageimage
  • cdwalshcdwalsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using yellow or white roses for all of my bouquets, bouts and corsages, and centerpeices.The only other flower is that for my bouquet the florist is adding yellow lilies.
  • edited December 2011
    so all of you have mixed colors for flowers? My colors are orange and brown, so I think I can only get away with different orange shades (and red-yellow roses.) I have seen a few brown flowers, and I don't think I like any of them. My dress is not white, it is a light gold, so I can't have white flowers. Like I said, i don't like greens, and those box sets always come with these greens. I wish I could find a box set of JUST flowers with no fillers. Anybody know of that type of deal? I don't think it was on fiftyflowers.comI think I need to do more homework on flowers.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    We did all roses. Mine were all black magic roses and the girl's and centerpieces were black magic, yellow and orange. I liked the look of all one type of flower. ~erin~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yeah, and roses always look nice...:)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards