Not Engaged Yet
Options

New here..

Hi everyone! So, I've been lurking for a little while and have now decided it's time for me to post :)My boyfriend and I have been together for 2.5 years now. We met while studying abroad in New Zealand (he's from Minnesota, I'm from California). When we got back to the States we did long distance for a year until I graduated college last May and moved out to Minnesota (better job opportunity, lower cost of living, etc). We don't live together but are planning on taking that step next fall (bf wants to save some money up). He just graduated this spring and is entering a grad program this fall, I'm currently halfway through my grad program. He's 22 and I'm 23. So to the good stuff- we've been talking about the "future" since about 3 months into our relationship. There's no doubt in our minds that we're in it for the long haul and have throughly discussed finances, kids, logistics and what we want our dream wedding to be. I guess you can say bf is the checklist kind of guy- before we get married he wants to finish his grad program, get a good job and save some money. Even though we don't live together, we split the cable/grocery/electric/internet bills that come along with my apartment (he's here every night anyways) so we've experienced a little taste of sharing finances (as in, I can't hide it if I add to my shoe collection :) ). He has a 5 years or less time frame on getting engaged/married. I have no problem waiting, but of course, many friends of mine are getting engaged/married so I'm finding myself getting caught up in the excitement. After lurking, I found this board to be one I can vent future frustration so I don't drive the bf crazy. Long post, but ya know how it goes ;)

Re: New here..

• Options
    Catherine7564Catherine7564 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and the waiting game!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, i would try and lay off coming to The Knot now, 5 year or less time frame? You could potentially be waitng 1, 2, or 2.5 more years. You don't want to start going crazy now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Reading back over my post I realized I forgot to add the most important part- bf's actions don't match his words in terms of time frame. We're currently working on addressing this, as I almost had a heart attack when he got down on one knee in my kitchen yesterday morning to hug me goodbye. He got a nice dead leg for that move. Basically, I posted so that I can vent when he does stupid s*** like that so that I don't kill him.
  • Options
    Ashleigh8Ashleigh8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome :)And LOL at the one-knee goodbye!
  • Options
    cara1981cara1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey girl welcome too and good luck waiting ive there too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards