Illinois-Chicago

More reception venues?

I love Cog Hill, but my heart is set on December, and they don't do December weddings.  Is that pretty common?So--any knotties know of a reception venue similar to Cog Hill in style and price (read: classy but still affordable) that is not featured on the Knot and will fit 200?  I'm having a really hard time finding anything remotely comparable!

Re: More reception venues?

• Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our reception at The Arboretum Club, in Buffalo Grove. It's not close to Cog Hill though. We fell in love with the venue, but also totally clicked with our staff there too. Feel free to email me for more information hostetlerar at yahoo dot com. Have you looked at White Pines? I think that's near Cog Hill and I think it's pretty reasonable.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I failed to mention that my ceremony is in Flossmoor...so unfortunately those will be too far away!  Cog Hill was a stretch!
  • edited December 2011
    Bolingbrook Golf Course has a great club house (looks like a mansion) and the Links at Carillon in Plainfield is nice, too. Both are about 40-45 mins from Flossmoor.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • lizlovesartlizlovesart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yorkville is about an hour away from Flossmoor but my reception venue, Whitetail Ridge Golf Club might be what you are looking for. They are relatively new so the golf club is impeccably clean and looks great. Good luck on your search (it was the hardest part for us to choose)!
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Patrick Haley Mansion in Joliet?  You get the whole mansion, and only 1 wedding at a time is held there.  Their ballroom holds 450 so I'm sure they could handle it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards