Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

"A wedding Rookie" saying hello!

Hello ladies and gents!
I am a recently engaged bride to be from outside the Philadelphia area and fairly new to all this wedding stuff. I just wanted to introduce myself; I am marrying my h/s sweetheart of 9 years. We are having a long engagement (2 years) and we will be getting married at the Audubon Center at Mill Grove. I am open to any wedding suggestions, questions or comments. Like I said I am a rookie to all this and I would appreciate as much help as possible! With that said, has anyone on here been married before at the Audubon Center? Any Suggestions about the space? Look forward to hearing from everyone or anyone!Smile

Re: "A wedding Rookie" saying hello!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, tub!  I've been hoping that you'll introduce yourself :)

I think for the most part a lot of us were wedding rookies when we started out, but luckily there is an amazing network of girls on this board.  High five for long relationships! (We've been together 8 years)

Not familiar with Audubon Center, but I'm sure it'll be gorgeous.  When is your date?
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!

And another yay for long relationships!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey- congrats and welcome!!! h/s sweethearts- how cute!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Welcome! Tell us more!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tubtub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to tell you more:) Our wedding date will be May 25th, 2013- my 25th birthday! (we didn't choose this, it just happened to work out best) The feel of our wedding will be vintage and our colors are inspired by peacock feathers. For those of you that are not familiar with Audubon, it is 140 acres of open land with a rustic barn and wedding pavilion. I am so excited, but wish I didn't have to wait 2 years! 
  • Options
    Lauren0409Lauren0409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome!! I'm new as well!  

I know two people that got married at Audubon and absolutely loved it.  Their only fear was rain since it is all open, but it worked out.  My brother and SIL had a peacock inspired wedding last year and it was gorgeous! Good choice! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tubtub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, does anyone know how to change my name on here? Some how I got stuck with the name "tub" and let's just say that's not the most flattering name!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Unfortunately you can't change your name... you'd have to start all over again.  Join TK with a different email address.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I went to see the audubon center and really liked it. Do they still let you bring your own alcohol. If so there is a place in de that has really good prices and lets you return unopened bottles. I'll try to get the name for you
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tubtub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, you do still have to bring your own alcohol! That would be awesome if you could let me know about that place in DE, thanks so much!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards