Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Song?

At the ceremony, during the unity candle-lighting, a friend of mine is going to sing a solo, and he's absolutely amazing.  I'm at a loss for what song, however.  The only thing that comes to mind is "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge.  I really love that song (and movie) and I know my friend would be awesome.  Is this a dumb idea? 

Re: Song?

• Options
    Maybe ask him what he can sing well, then go from there. I think it's a nice song if he can pull it off, but even the best singers have stuff that they can't handle that well. He'd be the one to ask. Also, if it's a church/temple ceremony, be sure to run it by your minister first. Otherwise, go nuts!
  • Options
    I absolutely love the song, and if he can pull it off then great! However, in the movie it's a duet, could you want a female singer as well?
  • Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Nah, we'd just have the guy part.  And I'm pretty sure he could do it; he even kind of sounds like Ewan McGregor.  gonna check with the Pastor on Sunday at my pre-marriage counseling to make sure secular music is okay, and if it is, I think I'm going to go for it.  I just wanted other opinions; I didn't want to be the only one to think it's great and everyone else think it was a terrible idea. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    We are having "The Prayer" played as a piano solo during the unity candle ceremony.  I absolutely LOVE that song.
  • Options
    slcwslcw member
    First Comment
    My FIs nephew is singing his version of "Stand Still" by Phil Vassar!  It's soo beautiful!  AND NO, it's not stupid, do what you like!
  • Options
    I sang that song a few years back with my male cousin (as a duet) at one of our other cousin's wedding. It was definitely appropriate, and it was even in a Catholic church, but I'm not sure how it would be as a solo...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards