Washington

Wedding in Seattle but living on the east coast

Hi there,

I'm freshly engaged- just happened on Christmas Eve! I currently reside in Washington DC but I'm from Bellevue, WA. My fiance and I are headed to Seattle in a couple of weeks to check out venues. We know we want to marry in August or Sept 2011. I want to hire a wedding coordinator. But i'm not sure if I should go with someone I know personally (who doesn't live in Seattle) or try to find a local wedding coordinator in Seattle. I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice!

Re: Wedding in Seattle but living on the east coast

• edited December 2011
    Personally, I think you should go with someone here in the Seattle area who really knows the venues, caterers and etc out here rather then someone who is doing research in other ways. There is nothing like first hand experience!

:)

Best,

Amanda
  • gwrollinsgwrollins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and Congrats!! I am in the same boat, we are living in NYC and planning an August wedding in Seattle.  My fiance is from there but I am not.  So we are using a Day of Coordinator because it is basically absolutely necessary! We are using Bobbi Roth, after a phone interview, she completely won me over.  She knows the area and can help with anything you need.  We are only using her as a DOC but she has already given us vendor recommendations etc. 

Also as far as using someone you know...it may save you money but you probably won't feel right about vocalizing any concerns if problems arise.  It's best left to the professionals who have done it many times before!

Hope this helps!

Gwen

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gobluebride09gobluebride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're in the same situation!  We are both from the Seattle area, but are attending grad school on the east coast.  We manage to plan most of the wedding in the week after Christmas (we got engaged Dec 23rd), and found an AMAZING wedding coordinator.  We're using McKenziekate Weddings and couldn't be happier, Sherry is fantastic and is extremely accessible with e-mail!  We're getting married this August and are actually fine with everything, surprisingly.  Just looking for a photographer and that's it!

The main thing we're doing is delegating out tasks to family and friends who live in the area, that has helped a lot.  But I would definitely suggest a wedding coordinator (more than day-of) because they will save you time with finding vendors and locations (and a lot of them get great discounts!).  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also planning my wedding from Washington DC and getting married in the Seattle area! My DOC is Bobbi Roth. Like gwrollins stated, Bobbi has been wonderful. I had a phone conversation with her, but knew I wanted her to help with my wedding. She offered great recommendations for photographers, florists and cake designers! Besides a wedding coordinator, it's really helpful to use your friends and family as resources. I don't know what I'd be doing with out my mom!

I know you posted this over a month ago, so I hoped everything is working out!
    Good Luck
    Sofia
  • sommerjoisommerjoi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg I didn't even know you guys wrote back to this post haha. I was new to the knot at the time so I'm just now reading this b/c I posted in the Seattle Weddings pg today. Thanks all for the advice. I'll have to check out this Bobbi Roth person- we actually pushed our date back to June 30, 2012 b/c we were feeling too rushed to plan for this summer...and I only wanted a summer wedding in Seattle of course. Anyway- thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards