Military Brides

Colors..Help?

Well, Im getting Married in September, and My fiance is going to wear his dress army uniform. I need help finding colors. We are doing a country themed wedding, and Can't seem to pick some colors. We both want green. Green and red reminds me of christmas, green and orange reminds him of pumpkins. We liked green and brown but we are younger, and it seems that the darker colors dont bring out the youth. Does anyone have any opinions?

Re: Colors..Help?

• edited December 2011
    pink might be nice depending on the shade of green
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second the pink choice, or maybe a deep purple?

BFP 02/2010 m/c 03/17/2010 dx PCOS 04/2010
    BFP 08/13/2011 CP 08/15/2011
    BFP 09/16/2011 EDD 05/20/2012
    Claire Elizabeth, born 5/30 via a med free birth Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is also in Sept. and fiance is wearing his army dress blues as well. I am going to continue with the navy blue theme with the bridesmaid dresses. My sisters want peacock feathers in their hair, so I will probably pull some of the colors out of them to use. I thought that they would be fun to use in different ways.
  • edited December 2011
    a pale pink and an olive green are beautiful.  Or a forest green with cream or ivory.  Or an olive green with ivory. 
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    "the darker colors don't bring out the youth"
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
     "We liked green and brown but we are younger, and it seems that the darker colors dont bring out the youth"

What exactly does that mean?  Your colors are what you make them.  If you can't make brown and green work, maybe you aren't fun enough to pull it off.  Maybe pick a different green or a different shade of brown.  Chocolate brown and mint green could be a very fun color combo, epecially for a fall wedding. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ivory/champaigne something along those lines... Otherwise It just depends on the shade of green you chose...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a chocolate or expresso brown and sage green? I've seen it done and its very elegant
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    Sage green and lavendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards