Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

The Adolphus Hotel in Dallas experiences

Has anyone ever held an event at the Adolphus or in the french room specifically? Or if anyone has ever eaten at The french room-How was the food?-How easy were the chefs to work with?-Did they have any problem accommodating to your tastes and suggestions for the food?-How easy was it to work with Terri Hahn the catering manager? was she friendly, easy to talk to and a helpful resource?-How seamlessly did your wedding or event go?-Were your guests impressed and if so what were some of the comments they made or memories that they lated shared?-How flexible was the adolphus with your budget? did they keep you to your budget or persuade you to increase it?-Did you have any surprises in the contract or in your final bill? Did everything cost what they said it would?-Any advice for a future Adolphus bride?-If you could change anything about your Adolphus experience what would it be?-What was the best part of having an event at the adolphus? the worst?Thank you so much for everyone who responds and has any information at all to give me so I can be 100% sure before I sign the dotted line!

Re: The Adolphus Hotel in Dallas experiences

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Never held an event there, but I can say that the food at The French Room is fabulous.  Two weeks ago DH and I did the 13-course tasting menu and it was the best meal of our lives. 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help too much except to say that at a firm I used to work at, we had our staff Christmas luncheon there every year and we loved it.  That firm has used the Adolphus for events for many years.  I love the Adolphus!  Very old school with lots of charm, similar to my venue, the Melrose.  Good luck!
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about the Adolphus except as a guest for a wedding. It was beautiful, one of the best receptions I have ever been to. The bride put alot of work into the details, flowers, band, etc. Bottom line, it was a very fancy, formal reception. The staff, valet, etc. was courteous. The only thing I rememeber that was a little confusing is that there were two receptions, not including the one I was at, that were going on at the same time. I think it confused people a little.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is something to think about.  They do have a lot of room and there could be other events going on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got engaged at the French Room and it was the best meal I have ever had in my entire life!  We did the 13 course meal and I felt like royalty by the way they treated us.  If you get married there, I will be jelous! :)  I would have loved to have gotten married there but it was just way out of our budget.  I highly recommend that place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards