DC

DJ Recommendation Please!

I got my venue, caterer, photographer, and dress.  I need to work on DJ and cake.  Any recommendations out there?  Someone reasonably priced would be good.   I have no idea where to start. Based on my estimate, we will be over our budget even with me doing my own invites and flowers.   I'm getting marry in October and I'm feeling the crunch. 

Re: DJ Recommendation Please!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is from my vendor review post ...

Reception Music. We hired Chris Temple, the owner of C and J Entertainment, based in Odenton, MD. Oh my goodness! From the cocktail hour through dinner and dancing, the music was superb. We gave Chris an extensive play list; we worked with him to move certain tunes around to different parts of the evening. He made sure he knew our “must play” and “do not play” selections. He did not miss a thing. He helped make the evening all we wanted it to be – elegant and fun. A+
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops!  Just saw you wanted a cake recommendation, also ...

Cake. We ordered from Oh, What a Cake!, based in Columbia, MD. I’m not much of a cake person, H is the connoisseur. He first tasted Marcia’s chocolate chocolate mousse cake at a bridal fair. He picked up a piece and stopped in his tracks. Marcia even accommodated H’s last minute (3 days before the wedding) cake design request. She’s an angel! The cake looked great and tasted fabulous. Several guests asked for seconds! 410-381-3131 A+
  • bailey1973bailey1973 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We contracted with Dan Goldman of Bialeks Music. We were very impressed with his reviews, their fast service, and he invited us to a venue while he was setting up. We were impressed with his promptness, his equipment, and his professionalism. Our wedding is october 8
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for your help! I'll check them out ; )

• edited December 2011
    I saw my DJ (World Renown Entertainment) at a wedding, so I got to see them in action. Although my wedding isn't until April. They have been very responsive and are members of a DJ association (ADJA.org)
    Check them out:   www.weddingwire.com/biz/world-renown-elkridge/608718198a7b125c.html
    If you do contact them, please tell them Lucy sent you.

Good Luck.
  • sk8tpnkz24sk8tpnkz24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently photographed a wedding, and the DJ did an amazing job. The music was uninterrupted, and he had a lot of variety.

He is DJD Squared.

You can find him in facebook. I'm posting a picture with this so you recognize him:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards