Indiana
Options

Anyone find a really cheap photographer?

My friend is engaged and (against my better judgement) doesn't want to pay hardly anything for photography.Has anyone come across someone insanely cheap?

Re: Anyone find a really cheap photographer?

• Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, but maybe she should try posting on the IUPUI classifieds to see if she can find someone.  Good luck to her.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Indy craigslist under events at the bottom. There are some really cheap photographers there. GL
    imageimage
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine isn't super cheap but for the quality of work it's a steal!  $1800 for 6 hours and rights to the pictures on DVD.  www.studiorebekah.com
  • Options
    Luvngrl247Luvngrl247 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is she getting married?  My uncle is a photographer-- not trying to solicit him but his pics are really good and he is very reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A former coworker of mine is a great photog, I heard she's cheap too. It's an on-the-side thing for her. Her name is Rachel Nelson and her site is:http://rmattheaphoto.com/I think she'd be willing to work on price. REALLY nice, REALLY creative, talented girl (she did pics of my pugs)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unlimited photography with an assistant and I think 5-10 professional proofs $1995. I'm sure she could negotiate if she didn't want the proofs (but they are niiiice).  apostrophe studios
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Scott Cleveland. He has a package going right now of up to 8 hours for $1200 including a disc of all the photos with printing rights. We used him in June, ended up with 465 shots and were really happy with the quality and professionalism. Http://scottcphotography.com
  • Options
    silverbubblesilverbubble member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Stephani with Stephani lynn photography. We got our engagements, and she is doing our entire wedding for about $1000, Cd of proofs with release. She is also willing to do more for more money, and probably a certain amount of cost for travel. She is out of Fort Wayne www.stephanilynnphotography.com or you can look her up on facebook and myspace. AMAZING work, very artistic. kjpugs- I went to school with the girl you are talking about. She used to be practically my neighbor when i was a kid. small world.  
  • Options
    debbie1976debbie1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.meganbryantphotography.com Megan just graduated from IUPUI and has very reasonable prices. 2 photographers for all day with CD of pictures with rights is under $1,000.
  • Options
    Shay022Shay022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using WestWorks Photography from Fort Wayne.  I met the owners at a bridal show this past winter.  Their packages are very affordable.  They have raised their prices since I booked them, but they are still affordable.  I believe their packages are $750, $950, and $1400.  These prices depend on the amount of hours and the amount of photographs taken.  Since I booked the day of the show, I got my engagement photos thrown in for free.I also know that Fey Photography is affordable, she is also from Fort Wayne.  She starts at $1500 and that includes engagement photos.Eighth Day Photography from Fort Wayne has AMAZING work starting at $1500, but prices get steep once you add in albums, engagement session, bridal, trash the dress, etc.I know all my suggestions are from Fort Wayne, but many photographers do travel, and it especially helps if they are in the same state. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rachael Niehaus is really good too and is willing to work with your budget. At the time, her packages started at either $500 or $600 but that was earlier this year. She also didn't have a specific set of hours and will give you the release to your photos. Her site is www.rachtakespics.com
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Guess what was posted yesterday ion the IUPUI classifieds?  A student saying he only charges $50/hr. www.expressionsbytimothy.com
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Monki I thought that said 50 CENTS (.50) an hour and was baffled for a second there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is Alicia Beckman..check her out! www.aliciabeckman.com (or her old site http://indiegirlphotography.com/).Great prices... for a fee you can get rights to all the pictures. Her photos are great... tell her Elsa sent you! FYI, she also did my boudoir photos!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I'm also on a very tight budget, and one of my friends is a photographer in the central IN area. Her name is Niichole and she is very good for her prices. I'm not sure how far she will travel, but you can check out her website if interested!http://www.kolephotography.com/home.htmlShe charges $250 deposit and around $75 an hrshe also will work with you on packages!Good Luck :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards