Illinois-Chicago

Old Knottie looking for Photographer....

Hi all!  I am currently looking to hire a photographer to do our son's christening in November....I am just looking for someone to shoot the church and get some shots at the reception, and want a CD of all of the (edited) photos  ---  I found someone to do our engagment photos via the knot, but she is no longer in the area..If anyone has recommendations of freelancers, local photography students, or even studios I would really appreciate it... its been a LONG time since I researched this stuff!My contact info is:jlsdz1@hotmail.comThanks!!!

Re: Old Knottie looking for Photographer....

• edited December 2011
    Heather Parker shot our engagement pics (link in bio), will be shooting our wedding in Massachusetts, and I know that she does portraiture work of infant and toddlers here in Chicago (where she is based). Link to her site and blog in my bio under "Vendors," or: [url]http://www.heatherparker.com[/url] I love working with her- young, artistic, with a the sensibility of a photojournalist. I think there are some examples of her work with kids on her site.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    I think Rachel from Metropolitan images does that. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.
  • Brie2010Brie2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danielle Aquiline is fantastic.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • lizlovesartlizlovesart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda Hein Photography is shooting our wedding. I know she also does kids photography and has her portfolio online at her website.
  • January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Katie Ryan www.katieryan.com. She has a lot of experience shooting babies (the shots on her website/blog are phenomenal).  I know she has taken photos of a ton of former knotties' children.
  • VeeAmarieVeeAmarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Laura Meyer Photography, she does ALOT of family photography!  She is really talented and very easy to work with, she shot our engagement photos (PIB) and will be doing our wedding in September.  She has a bunch of her  work including children's photos in her blog...www.laurameyerphotography.comShe is by FAR my favorite vendor at this point!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would also check out Ingrid Bonne with Best Friend Photography and Design[link]<a href="http://bestfriendphotography.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://bestfriendphotography.com/</a>[/link]
  • edited December 2011
    I second Heather Parker, her work is awesome and pretty affordable!  She is doing our engagement pics and wedding!
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Serendipity Portraits - www.serendipityportraits.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kara Schultz: www.karatography.comI don't know what she charges for other events, but her wedding package is very reasonable.
  • AubsAndSeanAubsAndSean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend, Angie, is a photographer and does mostly kids and families. Her pics are great!! You can email her at jna2001@comcast.netGood luck!
  • edited December 2011
    A agree with the above two posters, Heather Parker is great. She did our epics and will be doing our wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I nominate Alexi Kilmer of Child Essence Photography. She specializes in children and has won many awards for her work.  To top it off, she's very inexpensive.  Our wedding package quote from her is well under $1000 (b/c she asked us how much we wanted to pay) and she does awesome work!
  • sjanticsjantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love, love, love our photographer. I could not rave about him more. Michael Rastall http://www.rastallphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards