Honeymoon Discussions

boston/ NE honeymoon need help!

Hey all you northeasterners! We are looking to have our honey moon in boston or vermont/ New england area in October. We would like to get to boston some of the days if not stay in the city but we are looking for privacy but that cozy feel. we want a fireplace in our room and the typical honeymoon vibe. Any ideas on places to stay places to go sites to see anywhere in the area would be greatly appreciated! We would like to do some outdoorsy stuff too! Thanks so much. ~Liz

Re: boston/ NE honeymoon need help!

• try the wentworth in portsmouth, nh and some b&Bs in bristol RI (hearth house and williams grant inn are some faves)
  • I'm from the Boston area, honestly staying in the city is expensive. A great idea is you may want to look on craigs list and see if anyone is time sharing there place, or somewhere that is available.. Bed and Breakfasts are sooo cute too.
  • In Boston, you could do the Freedom Trail to see all of the historical sights, I recommend shopping, lots of shopping, especially on Newbury Street, pick a restaurant, any restaurant, in the North End, I've never eaten at a bad one there, try to get tickets to see Blue Man Group at the Charles Playhouse.
  • Boston is beautiful in October. What I've found even more beautiful though is going a bit more north -- Burlington, VT is a great city - I'm not sure of what hotels are in the area up there, I've always stayed with friends. I would bet you could find a cabin-esque place to stay though. If you're going around Columbus Day, foliage is fantastic. We went up one year and did apple picking and it was just gorgeous. Great restaurants and bars, pretty city to walk around in. Good luck!!...oh, and if you like micro-brews, you HAVE to go to the Magic Hat brewery and take the tour, so good!
  • if you do go to boston make SURE you eat dinner one night at The Top of the Hub which is one the top level of the Prudential Center.  You see the entire boston skyline lit up at night and it's just gorgeous.  They also have live jazz music.  it's awesome!
  • You could always stay on the cape. It is quiet/cozy that time of year. The Chatham Bars Inn is really nice. (http://www.chathambarsinn.com/)You could also stay in the Berkshires (in western MA).  Porches in is cute (http://www.porches.com/) near some nice hiking spots.  There are also some cute place in Rhode Island, Bristol Harbor Inn is nice. (http://www.bristolharborinn.com/) or someplace down in Newport. These are all a little ways from Boston, but if you are looking to do a few days in the city and a few days someplace else, they might be nice choices.
  • North Conway, New Hampshire is my favorite (from Boston by the way).  You could spend a few nights at the Kearsarge Inn or even the Snowflake Inn.  It is amazing in October.  Leaf peeping, apple picking, driving up Mount Washington.  Very cozy and romantic.
  • I am from Boston and love it here during the fall months....but the city is not somewhere you are going to find cozy with a fire place....there is a hotel on lake winnipesaukkee its called The Inn and Spa at Mill Falls....it is so amazing there and everyone is sooo nice lots of fun things to do in such a small cute town...hope you have a great honeymoon 
  • I love North Conway too but have always stayed at our family cottage.  For the first time this summer my FI and I decided to stay at a hotel up there for our "anniversary" and decided to stay at Adventure Suites.  It was pretty awesome actually... a little cheesy but a lot of fun!  If I can convince him we'll spend another weekend up there for our last fake anniversary.  There's a good two days worth of scenic drives/train rides and shopping.  Maybe a Saco river canoe trip would be fun if it's not too cold.  :-)
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards