Massachusetts-Boston

Recommendations for Calligraphers??

Hi Ladies, Can anyone recommend a good calligrapher in the Boston area that is reasonably priced?  Do you have any pictures of the final invitations addressed??Thanks so much!

Re: Recommendations for Calligraphers??

• edited December 2011
    Not in the Boston area, but we used afineletter.com and they were wonderful. Very affordable, all hand-done, quick turnaround, easy to work with. I don't have a picture of our envelopes, but here is a photo of the place cards they did. We shipped the stuff to them, they did the job quickly, and shipped it back. [IMG]<a href="http://i25.tinypic.com/bgcspx.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i25.tinypic.com/bgcspx.jpg</a>[/IMG]
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • edited December 2011
    I couldn't find any reasonably priced one in the area either.  I looked into aFineLetter and they are inexpensive.  But I found someone who was even a little less expensive than them and I like her writing much better.  Her name is Tracy from LMM Calligraphy.  She's out of PA.  I just sent sent her my envelopes and so far she's been great to work with.  Let me know if you want more info.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Anya can you please send me info about your calligrapher? jbsbride0610 at gmail dot com   Thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    You should also check out www.classic-calligraphy.com Priscilla does computer generated calligraphy. Her prices are great, she is quick and efficient.
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to add she isout of Burlington, MA
  • Colby2000Colby2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Kristie DeLoreto out of Peabody.  She did a great job - invites went out a little over a week ago and everyone is commenting on the calligraphy!  She had a very quick turn around and was very accommodating in terms of picking envelopes up, delivery, etc.  She was also very reasonably priced - $1.50 for inner AND outer.  If you google her, I believe you can get contact info.  Unfortunately, I do not have it handy right now.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using a calligrapher in NC recommended by another knottie - here's the link to her styles and pricing:  http://calligraphybycarrie.com/styles.html- the most affordable I could find, and super nice.  She also has an extremely helpful etiquette guide on her site - of use even if you decide to go with someone else!
  • edited December 2011
    Ellen O'Toole is the best.  Her contact info is toeo522@yahoo.comreview in bio
  • Dani414Dani414 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a calligrapher who is just starting up his business in the Boston area does really awesome work.  His name is Tarik Parvez and his email is tarik.parvez@gmail.com  He charges 0.75 cents per envelope.  I can send you a picture of the calligraphy he did for me if you email me at droseboom@gmail.com.   Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Margaret Davidi in Sharon MA. She was great.  I really love how our invites turned out.  She doest do hand calligraphy, she does it by computer.  But they turned out great.  There was a $30 set up fee and then $1.50 a envelope for both the inner and outer envelope. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Elecia from Dancing Pen.  I found her on Etsy and she is located in Rhode Island.  We met so I could give her the envelopes, but then with our schedules, we decided it would be easier for her to just ship them back to me (it was only like $5 to ship).  She charged $1.50 per envelope and it was that realy nice kind of calligraphy - I forget what they call it, but not the kind with a gel pen or that regular thick calligraphy.  I got SO many compliments and she was so funny - she thinks people get more momey as gifts when they send out invites with nice calligraphy........  To get to her shop go to www.dancingpen.etsy.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of your recommendations!!! I am starting to look into them all now.  Thanks again!  
  • edited December 2011
    I also agree that Ellen O'Toole is great!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Calligraphy Katrina! She's out of CA, but I just mailed her all my envelopes, and she mailed them back. They came out AMAZING, and it was only $1.50 for inner AND outer, plus the cost of a pen (like $6) and shipping. Shes super nice and very easy to work with. I'd highly reccommend her.
  • edited December 2011
    the links never work for me: http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/calligraphy-katrina if it doesnt work again, its a dash between "calligraphy" and "katrina"
  • edited December 2011
    I used calligraphy by Jennifer.  Her work was beautiful!  www.callgraphybyjennifer.net Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Ellen O'Toole! I just sent my invites out this weekend and i'm already getting comments on the beautiful calligraphy! I am so happy with how they came out.  Honestly, I was thinking about not doing calligraphy at all but am so happy we decided to do it. It really does make a difference :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards