New York-Hudson Valley

Where to find THE dress?

Hey all,

Does anyone have ideas about where I can go to find my wedding dress? Ideally, I would love to catch a sample sale or clearance event to find my dress. My dress budget is between $600-$1200.

Since my wedding is this coming April, I would love to get the dress in either November or December. If I could stay in the Westchester area, that would be great, but I'd be able to travel into NYC. 

Help!?? Please & thanks!! :)

-Alyssa

Re: Where to find THE dress?

• edited December 2011
    You can always try David's Bridal. I know a lot of people who have had success finding a dress they love there. I went to RK Bridal in the city and got my dress, which I'm in love with, for a reasonable price. I had a similar budget. They have a great selection, though I warn you it can be a madhouse on Saturdays so go early if you decide to go on a Saturday. HTH GL with your search! And have fun!
    You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Meme's in Larchmont. They have a huge selection and many fall in your price range.

Or I would reccomend looking into a used dress.  Or sometimes brides change their mind and end up with 2 dresses and look to sell the 2nd brand new! There is a good market out there for them and you can get a really nice label for your price range. There are some websites dedicated to this, plus the Trash to Treasure board on the Nest. My friend got hers on ebay!

• edited December 2011
    you can get great deals at the sample sale at kleinfeld, not sure when they take place though.

also look into fontana's in eastchester, i'm not sure of their prices though but it doesn't hurt to ask.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine for 1000 at fontanas....though with alterations and tax it was more like 1650.
     however, most of these places...meme, fontana, botticelli...you can give a budget and they will bring your dresses within that budget
  • edited December 2011

Actually, if you are serious about the numbers you listed, you actually have alot of options.

ALL David's Bridal and ALL Camille la Vie. AND MOST (if not all) of Maggie Sottero, Alfred Angelo lines. And then quite a few of Casablanca styles, not to mention countless othet styles.

That's assuming you are perfectly ok with the $1200 number in your post. Many dresses can be found in the $600 - $1200 range by quite a few designers.

But it depends on what you are looking for. The "higher end" stores listed above, you might be at the low end of what they have if they have dresses starting at $1000. There are lots of other stores in the area that have dresses in your price range. And many designers will have dresses as well.

Not sure if that helps. But wanted you to be aware that you don't have to get a sample or clearance dress.

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Meme's in larchmont. They don't have dresses over $2500 and the sales woman were fantastic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oh Btw if your wedding is April you should be looking now... Some salons will charge extra because of rushed shipping. The typical time period to get your dress is no later than 8 months in advance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Found mine at the Town Shop.
  • edited December 2011
    Got my dress at Fontana's... looked at Kleinfeld's in Manhattan as well as numerous David's Bridal... all 3 had beautiful gowns for decent prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards