Wedding Reception Forum
Options

singing for FI @ Reception..... NO CLUE what to sing

I wanted to sing a song for FI@ our reception, but don't have a clue as to what to sing for him.  He loves when I sing and its rare when I do, so I thouhgt I'd surprise him. I do have a very nice voice - not to be overly boastful but I spent 8 years training at the Eastman School of Music earning my masters in vocal performance and music education.  I'm going to have a 5 piece live orchestra for my ceremony music, and for cocktail /dinner hour music.  It will include a violin, viola, cello, piano and trumpter.  (I've played trupet for 20 years.... and a good friend of mine, Mr. Joey Pero for those of you who are in tune with the jazz music world, I couldn't imagine my wedding without a live trumpet player)  anyway... have any of you had an orchestra or are having one @ your recpetion or ceremony with a singer singing a song for your FI?  If so, what are you hang them sing?  What are your suggestions?  Thanks for your help ladies.... I'm stumped!

Re: singing for FI @ Reception..... NO CLUE what to sing

• Options
    First you need to decide on a genre, it sounds like Jazz is your thing so I would pick a cool Jazz song, personally I would go for something a bit upbeat, I'm a soul singer and plan on singing "Love you I do" from Dreamgirls because I think it's cute, but it's not for everyone.Some thoughtsAt Last - Etta James (not fast but great song)My Baby Just cares for me - Nina SimoneI've got you under my skin - ??I just Wanna make love to you (unless this is going to upset any traditionally minded guests)Good Luck x
  • Options
    hey there.  If you are into Jazz you could consider "you're the top", "Night and Day", "You do something to me" by cole proter. or of course "Unforgettable" by Nat king cole For a fun twist you could do "lets misbehave" by cole porter. (can you tell i'm a fan?)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards