California-Central
Options

Ceremony and/or Reception in Yosemite?

Has anyone been to a wedding in Yosemite National Park? The venues/hotels are fairly expensive but I am wondering if you can have receptions somewhere other than the Ahwahnee or Yosemite Lodge? I know you can have ceremonies in different places.  Any reception ideas?

Re: Ceremony and/or Reception in Yosemite?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This post is fairly old so you may have all this info by now, but just in case...weddings in Yosemite are fairly expensive because you do have to have a PERMIT, not matter where you decide to go. the permit alone is, I believe, $200. Then don't forget the entrance fee for allyour guests! There are many sites available for the ceremony, ranging from Glacier Point to alongside the river, to the very pretty little chapel close to El Capitan. but you are limited in the number of people allowed. Also, you need to arrange something like 13 months ahead of time. AS for the reception site, the Ahwahnee of course is expensive- they charge, I believe $500 right off the bat, before figuring out menus etc. The Wawona is pretty and much more reasonable but again they are very limited in the number of people they allow. The Tenaya is out of the Park - again, very expensive, but they do a good job. If you are having a small wedding, the Narrow Gauge (between the Park and the Tenaya), has the railroad as someone else mentioned, but they also have a very good restaurant and a samll wedding chapel on site. Go to weddings in Yosemite for more info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards