Maine

Photographer Question

Hi ladies,Just curious, how long did it take for your photographer to get your photos back to you after your wedding?Were they contracted to do it in a certain amount of time or did they make you a promise by word of mouth?What is a reasonable amount of time for professional photos to be edited and given to the bride and groom?Thank you in advance! :)

Re: Photographer Question

• edited December 2011
    My photographer told me it would take about 6 weeks to get them back because she goes through and touches up every single picture and then picks the 300 best ones to put in the proof album. I'm not sure what the norm is
  • edited December 2011
    I received estimates from anywhere between 1 week and 8 weeks.  As pp said, touch-up work is the time-consuming part.  I'm at 7.5 weeks today and supposed to receive the pictures tonight!  We didn't have a time limit in our contract.  Our photographer has checked in with us a couple of times to let us know how things are going.  Perhaps if we pushed we could have had them sooner but we didn't for two reasons.  The first is that we wanted our photographer to be able to go at her own pace and do all the touch-up work she would like.  We feel we'll get a better product this way.  The second is that we love our photographer and we know she's swamped this summer so why push things?  We're happy she has lots of work given the economy!
  • jbleemanjbleeman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine back at 7.5 weeks as well. Our wedding was in June and I think especially during the busy wedding season it takes a little longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards