Arizona-Phoenix

Dance Lessons Recommendations

Hi Ladies,My FI and I are interested in taking dance lessons before the big day.  We would like a combo of group lessons and private lessons for our first dance.  Can anyone recommend a reputable company for this? TIA!

Re: Dance Lessons Recommendations

• sundevilsarahsundevilsarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to use my dance studio. Their website is: mydancestudio.net. I dont know how many instructors they have but my friend used Tudor and said he is really patient and good at teaching. They also travel to different studios that are closer to you.
  • edited December 2011
    My in-laws took lessons at Arthur Murray, and they really liked it. I believe that there are both private and group lessons available, as well as packages to choose from.
  • nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paragon dance in Tempe...loving my lessons!
  • edited December 2011
    The city of Tempe offers a great class with instruction through their community programs, so it's like $35 per person.We took Arthur Murray, and while part of it was my fault, we waited until the last minute, I'll be honest in saying, I don't know that we got our full monies worth.  It was like $600 for the wedding package, and while yes we crammed our lessons in, I dont know how I felt about it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are actually going to be taking lessons for a hip hop entrance to the reception.. We're doing them at Abby Bella dance studio in Scottsdale..
  • mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to take tango lessons for our first dance, but both FI and I chickened out...
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I start tomorrow at Fred Astaire.  They were super reasonable at $40 for 4 lessons per couple.  3 private and one group.  Looking forward to it since I have two left feet and absolutely no rhythm! 
  • MattsBride5MattsBride5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Fred Astaire on cambelback and central. They were a little pricey but great! HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards