Second Weddings
Options

NWR-Rant

I bought my eight year old daughter some jeans that she saw online and they arrived today.  I took them out of the package and to my horror they are low-rise.  I consider myself open to alot of things but I have to draw the line here.  She is still a little girl and I want her to enjoy her childhood not grow up faster than what she is ready.  Is it just me or is society showing young kids that it is cool to wear jeans that barely sit on your hips and short skirts?  AAGH!!!  I know FI is totally going to flip when he sees them (he is such a good daddy). Now I am going to have to go and return them and hope I find something else that she likes.  So much for saving time by ordering online....Thanks for letting me vent!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR-Rant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree!  I took my daughter shopping yesterday for her 10th birthday.  We went to old navy and ALL the girls pants were cut low and tight.  She was bummed that I wouldn't let her get them but she is 10! Not 21!  Someone needs to teach these childrens clothes designers that!  So vent away sister!  I am with you 110%
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to go buy her a bathing suit last month and I was shocked.  I am in no way a prude but I have my limits.  The girls (not juniors) section had bathing suits that looked EXACTLY like the ones in my catalogs from Vicky's!!!!! Oh well, it is Friday, I still have time to find jeans. Most importantly I am going shopping for black satin and lace for my wedding dress tomorrow!  Yes ladies I said Black!  We are doing a halloween theme and the Addams family is the theme of the wedding party :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DD is now 19, and I remember when she made the transition from 6x to 7 that the clothes immediately became way too old.  And I think she was 5!  So the designers haven't learned yet.  Old Navy used to be better.  I found that LL Bean had decent kid's clothes that were durable and appropriate, but they were expensive.  Good luck. ~Donna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you ladies! It is so hard to find things that are appropriate the sad thing is that people are buying that crap and letting kids wear it so that is what they make.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am on the same page as all of you. We have to be the ones who decide what is appropriate. Too many parents let their kids buy that inappropriate crap. I am a teacher and I see it too much from my 7th graders. I think they are TOO young to wear such flashy, tight, and sexy outfits when they are SO young. I'm nervous what kind of mother I'm going to be because I'm pretty conservative when it comes to clothes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heck I don't even have any kids, but finding clothes for myself sometimes is ridiculous. I tried on 4 sundresses this weekend and all of them landed mid thigh. I'm a short girl too.  Sometimes I see these skinny little teenagers with super short shorts on and I think.....my dad would have beat me before I walked out of the house like that. When I wear jean shorts I'm constantly asking FI if they look too short. 
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand it is really hard because these designers do create clothes way to revealing and sexy for young girls. It bothers me to see parents who do buy these things for their young daughters because they think their so cute and not realizing the impact of what they are doing. They are putting their daughter on display and its sickening. Little girls do not need to be dressing like 20 years oldls.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On a slightly cheerier note, we took my fiance's kids clothes shopping at the beginning of summer, and his 9-year-old daughter was trying on shorts.  Every time she'd walk out of the dressing room, her 12-year-old brother would say "No way.  Too short.  Get back in there."  It was really cute.  He's so protective and doesn't want any of her showing.  We finally had to tell him "We won't let her wear anything too short, but they are still shorts."  If he had his way, she'd wear a head-to-toe burlap sack.  How adorable is that?
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mma3...totally agree with the lowrise! My daughter is 12...and often gets mistaken for 15 as it is. I was truly lucky that when she tried them on, SHE was too embarrased to even want to wear them! (Good girl!) I never would have allowed her out in those.One of you mentioned that as long as it's not a short top they're wearing it shouldn't be a problem...but some of these are so low that she wouldn't even be able to wear underwear with them.  It's completely ridiculous for their ages.Now, mma3, kudos on the black lace...I'm personally going for red!  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards