Retro and Vintage Weddings

**DiorandKisses*

Hi Amanda!I didn't know where else to put a response to your question (I first responded on my own guestbook) but I thought here was a good place! First, thanks so much for writing in my guest book. I got so excited when I saw that someone had! Secondly, I'm not one of those brides with delusions of having a "unique one-of-a-kind" wedding. I think I'm just like everyone else in this world, and just want a happy wedding. I don't care whose ideas I take, which aspects of my wedding are so "cliche" or "trendy". If I like it, I'm using it. I therefore have absolutely no problem with you using any of my ideas in your wedding planning. There's a chance that I stole them from someone else anyway! Music--we're doing an ipod wedding, and don't have many music ideas for the reception (apart from our first dance song which is a traditional Finnish wedding waltz. It's incredibly beautiful and romantic). But for the cocktail hour, I'm currently considering using early jazz music as "background" music to be played while people visit. Something fun and upbeat like ragtime, maybe... or younger jazz....think old 1920s Chicago and flappers.  I want my excited aunties to dance the Charleston.  They have at every other wedding I've been to with them ;)As far as the table numbers are concerned, I'll definitely add that to my ideas and inspiration section tomorrow, just for you! The idea is still just a little hamster running around on its wheel in my head, but it's an idea non-the-less! Thanks again for your support and enthusiasm. Take care!
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: **DiorandKisses*

• Hi!  And thanks for sharing all those fab ideas!  I've been thinking of the receiving line photo string all day.  I promise I'll do some sort of updating soon, cause I do have lots of ideas and I really should start sharing rather than just absorbing everyone elses!  Can't wait to hear your table numbers idea!  Wish I could help more with the music...but I'm doing during and post WWII vintage...so I have 40s and 50s songs.  I do really want cigar/candy/cigarette girls.  That might be fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards