Minnesota

Wedding Venue Ideas

My fiance and I are interested in an outdoor fall wedding in southern Minnesota.  Ideally, we would like a location where we can hold the ceremony indoors if the weather doesn't want to cooperate.  Any ideas?

Re: Wedding Venue Ideas

• newbie_dnewbie_d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hormel Nature Center is in Austin.  Here is a website about the building they have to offer in case of rain.

http://hormelnaturecenter.org/services.html
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if this is southern enough for you but one of my bridesmaids is having her wedding at the Wild's Golf Course in Prior Lake.  They are having an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception.  Also, the Wild's has a back up plan in case of bad weather and can hold the ceremony inside if you don't want to deal with renting a tent! :)

Hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, I'm having my wedding at The Wilds. It is such a beautiful venue for an outdoor ceremony, I couldn't imagine having it at any other place! Prior Lake isn't really southern Minnesota though.
  • meetmowmeetmow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is where I got married in 2007.  I loved the fact that I could get married in the garden, but there was a chapel for back-up.  This is located in Hastings, MN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Bernwood Hill Inn in Lanesboro, MN.  Great place, great town and perfect for fall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards