Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Quick Poll - After the ceremony

I think I've seen this out there before but it was a long time ago.What are your plans for after the ceremony/reception?  Are you spending time with the guests or are you starting your honeymoon and keeping to yourself?FI and I are on completely different sides on this one and it's definitely going to be an issue!  Just curious what everyone is doing?
Sara B BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List

Re: Quick Poll - After the ceremony

• Options
    We just told everyone that after the wedding there are no activities planned, and everyone can do their own thing. Since we are staying at the same resort I know we'll all run into each other, and that's fine with me. As of now almost all of our guests are leaving a couple of days before us so I know we will have at least 2 days just to ourselves. My MOH's family may be there the whole time we are, but my MOH already told me that she's keeping them away from us for those last couple of days, hahaha. I don't mind seeing everyone, I just don't want people knocking on our door at 9am. My plan after the wedding is to do NOTHING but sip pina coladas and hang in a hammock :) Everyone knows that.
  • Options
    We will probably be hanging out with our parents a few more times until they leave, the wedding is on a Wednesday, and they leave the following Friday & Saturday. But then we have a whole week without them there to have fun.  :)
  • Options
    The majority of our guests will be staying Thurs - Mon (our wedding is on Sat.) So after the reception, we plan on hanging out at the hotel bar, then calling it a night at a some point. On Sunday we are planning a group event and on Monday I'm sure we'll do a lunch or something with some people. We'll officially start our private time on Tuesday. (we're booked for 8nights versus 4 for our guests). HTH
  • Options
    Our wedding is on Friday.  I basically told our guests that our honeymoon starts on Sunday and they all understood that meant to get out!!!  We're planning on hanging out with them Saturday and maybe having breakfast with them Sunday morning before they head to the airport.  We do have a few leaving on Monday and I'm sure we'll see them off as well.  We are staying until Friday so we'll have a few days alone.
  • Options
    My side of it is basicallly this - we only 3 days at the resort after the wedding before we leave and that is our honeymoon.  We couldn't afford to stay long or to take a seperate trip.  So, while I don't mind if we run into people and I don't mind going to say our goodbyes as people leave, I don't want to be making plans.  We have guests staying right up to the same day we are. FI has told his mom and sisters that we will meet them for an 8 am breakfast the morning after the ceremony/reception!  Is it wrong of me that I don't feel like having to get up that early?  Not to mention that the resort is providing us a "romantic breakfast in bed" for that morning which I really thought would be nice. 
  • Options
    That's crazy!  Why in the hell would anyone, not to mention the bride and groom, want to go to breakfast at 8am the day after the wedding?  Are they leaving that day?  Either way, you need to tell FI absolutely not! 
  • Options
    We'll be spending time with our guests for a few days prior to the wedding and we were worried about not having a "romantic & intimate" honeymoon, so we're swapping resorts...actually we're going to the other side of the island!  We leave the day after our ceremony at Sandals Negril and head to Sandals Grande Ocho Rios for our 5 day honeymoon. 
  • Options
    They are leaving that day, but we could definitely get up later to see them before they go. 
  • Options
    Wedding is Monday - Tuesday morning we are having an informal breakfast for whoever wants to come... Tuesday afternoon FI (or should I say DH?) and I are jumping on a plane and going to another Oahu!! We love our family, but we wanted to get away from everyone for our Honeymoon! :-)
  • Options
    We are staying at the same resort.  We will definetly be seeing relatives afterwards, but we opted for the club option in our room and one of the perks is a spereate pool and beach area so...we can always just be on our own.
  • Options
    lol just reread my post. were "going to another oahu!" yikes!!! we are going to another ISLAND... OAHU! its going to be a long week...
  • Options
    Wow, I would definitely say no to an 8am breakfast. You should make it a late lunch (unless their flight leaves early). I myself am not a morning person to begin with and after a long night of drinking and fun can just imagine I would be exhausted. Our group event won't take place till late afternoon, so I will have plenty of time to recover. Plus if they are offering a free breakfast in bed...take it and enjoy it (use it as your excuse too). I don't know about you and your FI, but I doubt FI and I will get many opportunities for a romantic breakfast in bed.
  • Options
    Since we're going to be on a cruise that's Mon thru Fri..... our ceremony is on Wednesday ~ I've already planned that we'll be spending time with our family and friends who've joined us on the cruise.  We're going to port in Ensenada the very next day and I would love to spend that time with our family.  :)  
  • Options
    We'll be on a cruise so we'll be spending time with our guests after the ceremony.  We already told our guests though that this is considered a vacation not just a wedding so we can all do our own thing, I hope they take it to heart ;o)
  • Options
    We're basically telling everyone that our honeymoon starts Friday (wedding is Thurs). We are planning a kayaking trip on Sunday and let everyone know they are more than welcome to join us. Other than that, we'll play it by ear. If we decide we just want to be alone then we won't hang out with our families, but we may go to dinner or hang on the beach w/ them. We only have 5 days after the wedding for our honeymoon and most of our guests are leaving the same day we are. Luckily our families are the type to be clingy w/ us and have no problem doing their own things.
  • Options
    are=aren't (that would not be lucky if they were clingy, it's still early here)
  • Options
    All of our guests are staying in Aruba for a week. From Friday to Friday. Our wedding is on Monday. Once everyone leaves on Friday, we are moving to the resort next door for an extra 5 days in Aruba as our "honeymoon".
  • Options
    Our wedding is on Saturday and most guests will leave Monday. Unfortunately, we can't afford to stay much longer than our guests so we'll probably leave Tuesday. We are planning a one year anniversary/honeymoon.
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
    Planning Bio My Blog
  • Options
    We haven't really talked about this.  I assume we're going to hang out with our guests.  If our honeymoon were the same trip I think the answer would be different.
  • Options
    Holy crap Sara I would definitely put my foot down on that one. You guys are going to be exhausted. I would be so pi$$ed at my FI if he drug me out of bed at 8 am the night after the wedding!Our wedding is on Saturday and our honeymoon begins Saturday night. We're staying in KW until Monday and then heading up to Orlando, but we definitely aren't making any plans to see anyone after Saturday. I will have to meet up with my mom at some point because she's bring back the dress & suit, but other than that I'm not seeing anyone but DH.
  • Options
    Most of our guests are staying Sat to Sat, with our wedding being on Thurs.  I'm sure we'll see them late the next day for a late lunch or drinks by the pool.  After they all leave on Sat, we're switching to a nicer adults only resort for a week honeymoon there.  Can't wait!
  • Options
    We're staying Tues to Tues with wedding being on Friday.  Most of our guests (family esp) are staying Tues-Mon/Tues, although I've already told FI's mom that we'll be expecting down time post wedding.  I just didn't want to pay the extra money to stay longer and swap resorts. This was a great point to make though, because I think I will include on our itinerary Sun-Tues is alone time for bride and groom, not that we still won't see our guests, but we won't have any "planned" activities.  I'm also including down time for us on the days leading up the wedding too (on a suggestion from another knottie) We will prob have an informal late brunch Sat post wedding for anyone who wants to come.
  • Options
    We are staying at the same resort.  Our wedding in on a Friday and most of everyone is leaving Monday or Tuesday with us.  But we are going on a "real" honeymoon next year...I guess it was our version of a compromise.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    We are getting married on a Friday and our guest are all leaving on Sunday. Then we are going across the island to Negril for a week of honeymooning. The day after the wedding some of us are going on a catameran (spelling?) to Dunn's River Falls and then I plan to wish them off to the States on Sunday with a rum punch in my hand!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards